Topics

Mach 2 Measurement #Mach2GTO

Stacey Mills

Can someone give an estimate of height "B" in the attached image for the new Mach 2 mount?
Thanks!

Rainer

Hi,

Your latitude might be important to get a good guess

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Height B measures 12.25"

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Dec 13, 2019 8:10 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Measurement #Mach2GTO

Can someone give an estimate of height "B" in the attached image for the new Mach 2 mount?
Thanks!

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Height B measures 12.25"

Rolando

Thanks!
I forgot to say it's 12.25" at my latitude of 42 degrees.

Rolando

From: uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Fri, Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Measurement #Mach2GTO

Height B measures 12.25"

Rolando

Thanks!

Stacey Mills

Thanks,
I'm at 38 deg. latitude so I'm guesing it'll be an inch or so lower.
...just trying to calcuate the needed pier height.  Doesn't have to be too precise.

George

Please see the Latitude Dimension Calculator for the Mach1 (the same):

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/latitude-dimension-calc.xls

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stacey Mills
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:57 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Measurement #Mach2GTO

Thanks,
I'm at 38 deg. latitude so I'm guesing it'll be an inch or so lower.
...just trying to calcuate the needed pier height.  Doesn't have to be too precise.

akulaeastern

A better approach is to use the Planewave tool and input the 3 measures it asks for.  It can then calculate any altitude, Dome radius, pier offset, and pier height 

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Stacey,

If you aren’t aware, PLANEWAVE has a really great PIER HEIGHT CALCULATOR spreadsheet program.

Simply enter your scope  and pier dimensions in the boxes, some of which you can get for your AP mount from Howard’s well done and very informative -  mount dimensions spreadsheet on AP’s website.

The Planewave spreadsheet  will work for any mount and scope besides Planewave’s. I don’t think the blue cells at the top,   (Select your CDK  and your Mount)  link to anything, other than  allow your entering some text to describe your own setup. That might be useful if you are planning different scope & mount options, as well as dome collision considerations.

They did a very professional job on this calculator tool. Lots of fun to use, in those winter dreams.  I suggest saving the spreadsheet, for future plans and documentation as well.

Joe Z.

M Hambrick

I calculate about 10-5/8" based on Roland's measurements and your latitude. The formula to calculate your dimension B is 12.25 times the tangent of 38 degrees divided by the tangent of 42 degrees.