How to run Sky Safari on a Windows 10 PC

Robert Berta

COOL TIP ALERT:  I found that there is a free app called XePlayer (Google to find)  for Windows 10 PCs. It allows me to run any Android app flawlessly on a Win 10 PC. I use it to run Sky Safari Pro on my PC....it runs the mount via wireless (SkyFi)  with no issues other than I can't point the lap top at the sky to see what is there since the PC doesn't have a compass. The app creates a partition that is Android....just load any app from Play Store in it and runs great. All files are invisible to the PC file explorer. You need to also download a file viewer Android App from the PLAY STORE if you want to see those files. That free app was designed to run Android game apps on PCs but it works for any Android app.
It is great that now I can run both imaging capture program and SkyFi from one computer instead of having to use a tablet or cell phone for the planetarium program and the image capture program (Maxim DL) from another laptop.

Joe Renzetti <axnyslie@...>

Does anyone know of an easy way to transfer app and scope equipment settings and observing lists without a cloud subscription? I use SkSafari 6 Pro on iOS now and OSX before I switched from Mac to PC last year. I got XePlayer up and running and purchased SkySafari 6 Plus for Android but I don't see a way to import all my stuff. I still have OSX running in a dual boot Hackintosh mode.

Joe

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:03 PM Robert Berta <biker123@...> wrote:
[...]

Edited

All scope equipment, FOV, observing lists, etc. can be auto saved and shared between your SkySafari running on different tablets and phones. Select MENU STORAGE to save settings on both devices. Note that when you have the box checked for BACKUP MY DATA TO CLOUD STORAGE it shows your cloud storage ID:
If that is not the same on both units you may have different accounts one each device. Go to your LIVESKY option icon and check what account it is using. Perhaps you have two different account numbers. Go to the LIVE SKY option icon and the SWITCH ACCOUNTS option and select Log In With Different Account ....If you don't have the same email address for both accounts it needs to be changed....if different you may be able to click on another email account you have listed and it should than work. I went through the same issue but now two Android devices and my Win10  PC running SkySafari Pro in an Android partition (see tip in above post) now share all the info.
The Live Sky is a free account.  I tried finding and copying the files for observing lists, etc. from one to the other but never got it figured out to work correctly for everything. Once you setup the Live Sky with matching accounts you will need to log out and CLOSE ALL apps on the device and than relog in. You also need to be connected via internet. Once setup and as you add additional things like a new piece of equipment, it will show on the device being use....but will update to other devices automatically once you go back on internet later.

Joe Renzetti <axnyslie@...>

Thanks that did it! Once I logged into LiveSky on the XePlayer SS and rebooted all my stuff showed up.

joe

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 1:27 PM Robert Berta <biker123@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: More added for clarity]