RA drift question via RA correction method

Suresh Mohan

Hello ,
I was reading Roland s RA drift alignment procedure where he mentions , the closer you are to the equator greater would be the RA drift . Why so ?
Thanks
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

Is it because earth rotates the fastest near equator ? I mean is that the only reason ?
Suresh

On 24-Nov-2019, at 10:50 AM, Suresh Mohan via Groups.Io <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
I was reading Roland s RA drift alignment procedure where he mentions , the closer you are to the equator greater would be the RA drift . Why so ?
Thanks
Suresh

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi,

do not look at the RA values. Look at the pixels that are involved overt time of your camera when you image with a stopped mount.

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 24.11.2019 um 13:55 schrieb Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...>:

Is it because earth rotates the fastest near equator ? I mean is that the only reason ?
Suresh
On 24-Nov-2019, at 10:50 AM, Suresh Mohan via Groups.Io <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
I was reading Roland s RA drift alignment procedure where he mentions , the closer you are to the equator greater would be the RA drift . Why so ?
Thanks
Suresh

Steven Panish

Here is a link with the theory behind directional drift due polar misalignment.  May help.

Steve