From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Bresler via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 2:40 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APPM error message

"Image path does not point to a valid file" error when attempting a plate solve with APPM. Please help! Thanks.

Peter Bresler

Peter Bresler

The images being generated by SGP have been FIT images, although I had planned to change them to RAW or jpeg if possible. I am using Platesolve2 and a DSLR at this point.

I hope I can get this going. I have been wasting a lot of time with inaccurate slews. What works is doing another plate solve with SGP each time.

Ray Gralak

Peter,

I need more information to track down the problem. For instance, are you sure the camera save format is monochrome FITS? It's the plate solver that is complaining so it seems like the camera save format setting could be incompatible with the plate solver.

Can you post screen shots of the ASCOM camera settings and the each tab of APPM except for the last?

-Ray Gralak

The images being generated by SGP have been FIT images, although I had planned to change them to RAW or
jpeg if possible. I am using Platesolve2 and a DSLR at this point.

I hope I can get this going. I have been wasting a lot of time with inaccurate slews. What works is doing another
plate solve with SGP each time.

Peter Bresler

I changed the output format in SGP to RAW. I am still getting "failed" on the slews, but a different error message now appears.

Would it be possible to email you directly?

PABresler@...

Peter Bresler

I restarted the computer to clear the programs. On this try no error message appear, but plate solves after slews still are failing.

Peter Bresler

Edited

That may because some clouds moved in....did not notice from within my observatory!

It may be working now....will find out in clear skies!

Peter Bresler

At the last attempt when it cleared up I still was getting fails on the plate solves, and the same "image path not found" error if I attempted a plate solve with APPM. Plate solves with SGP were working.

A couple of days ago I was able to generate a "verifly" point model, but when I installed it I get a warning that it should not be used to control the scope.

Ray Gralak

Peter,

At the last attempt when it cleared up I still was getting fails on the plate solves, and the same "image path not
found" error if I attempted a plate solve with APPM. Plate solves with SGP were working.

A couple of days ago I was able to generate a "verifly" point model, but when I installed it I get a warning that it
should not be used to control the scope.
Can you please copy and quote what you are responding to like I am doing in this message? I cannot tell if you are actually reading my posts or not.

I sent a reply indicating what you need to look for. Specifically saving files as FITS. It may be that SGPro internally converts RAW files to FITS when you use that feature in SGPro, but not when a filename is given to it via its REST API interface, as what APPM does.

-Ray Gralak

At the last attempt when it cleared up I still was getting fails on the plate solves, and the same "image path not
found" error if I attempted a plate solve with APPM. Plate solves with SGP were working.

A couple of days ago I was able to generate a "verifly" point model, but when I installed it I get a warning that it
should not be used to control the scope.

Peter Bresler

Conditions were excellent last night and I was still getting "failed" and the "image path not found" error message. I tried both FIT (which was the default) and RAW outputs. Here are screenshots.

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Peter, this might have been addressed in the barrage of posts on this but I had a problem for a while that is similar to this and it turned out that the target folder had its privileges changed in a windows update so my software couldn't write to it.

Try going to the folder and confirm that your user id (vs. admin) has read/write permissions to that folder.

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Geof Lewis

Hi,
I know nothing of APPM/APPC, but I notice that you have the dark subtract checkbox checked, so do you have a dark frame to be applied to your light frame when performing plate solves. I may be way off target (no pun intended), but if plate solves are working with SGP/PS2, I’m wondering whether the dark subtract is the difference that’s causing the failure....
Just a thought.....
Regards,

Geof

Conditions were excellent last night and I was still getting "failed" and the "image path not found" error message. I tried both FIT (which was the default) and RAW outputs. Here are screenshots.

Steve Reilly

Not to beat this horse but you have been told several times that it needs to be FIT so why do you continue to try RAW as well? It also sounds like the image path is either incorrect or not set. Have you investigated that. Try one problem at a time and start with you file type setting being left at FIT.

-Steve