Encoder Documentation and user manual

John Thompson <jbtgolfer@...>

I recently installed encoders on my AP 1100 mount. I am searching for some documentation or manuals so I can use the encoders to the maximum extent possible in APCC. My copy of the APCC manual dated 2016 does not discuss them. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a link to some documentation? The encoders and APCC are inconveniently at my observatory 2.5 hours away so I am looking for something I can absorb at home, like a PDF file.

Frost David

As long as they’re turned on, you’re using them to their maximum extent. Nothing to really do beyond that. Once turned on, they’re always working, that’s it.  You’re receiving the full benefit from them going forward....all the accuracy enhancement, constant correction, precisely known pointing position, etc.