APPM crashes at start of pointing model run

Jim Windlinger

I am using APCC Pro V1.7.1.3 and am unable to run a pointing model.  I was able to make a small 23 point model a couple of weeks ago, but now, APPM crashes (all APPM windows close) as soon as the start button is pressed.  No errors are reported.  I can plate solve and recal with the SkyX Image Link and Maxim 5.24 using APPM.  The only change I have made is I have readjusted my park position.  A windows update may have occurred last week (Windows 10 Pro).  I will try a reinstall of APCC next.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Ray Gralak

Hi Jim,

I am using APCC Pro V1.7.1.3 and am unable to run a pointing model. I was able to make a small 23 point model a
couple of weeks ago, but now, APPM crashes (all APPM windows close) as soon as the start button is pressed.
I don't think that's a crash. All the windows in APPM will close when Start is clicked if APPM thinks the license is not correct.

I think you recently upgraded to Pro from Standard, correct? If so, there may be a license issue somewhere in APPM. I'll contact you privately to continue this since it involves license keys.

-Ray Gralak

I am using APCC Pro V1.7.1.3 and am unable to run a pointing model. I was able to make a small 23 point model a
couple of weeks ago, but now, APPM crashes (all APPM windows close) as soon as the start button is pressed.
No errors are reported. I can plate solve and recal with the SkyX Image Link and Maxim 5.24 using APPM. The
only change I have made is I have readjusted my park position. A windows update may have occurred last week
(Windows 10 Pro). I will try a reinstall of APCC next. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Windlinger

Ray,

Yes, I recently upgraded from standard to pro.  There was a problem with that upgrade license too and you requested I install V1.7.1.3 instead of V1.7.2.5.  Which worked until now.  I also had a trial license that I installed for troubleshooting, with would have expired a couple of days ago.

Jim

Ray Gralak

Jim,

In case you didn't see it I sent you a link to the updated installer with a fix for the licensing issue. Here it is again:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.7.1.3a.exe

-Ray Gralak