400GTO mount & Vixen 102FL ota

Bill Becker

Hi to everyone.

Well, I got that phone call today and my 400 GTO mount will be
arriving in about a couple of weeks. I'm on the list for the 130mm,
the future permanent resident of the 400 but, in the mean time, I'd
like to give my Vixen a bit of a thrill and use it on the 400.
Does anyone know what I'll need to order to accomplish this? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Bill

Mark Jenkins <markj@...>

Hi Bill,

I am expecting my 400GTO next week! :-)

I am on the waiting lists for all of the AP refractors.

I have a TeleVue Genesis SDF (101) and have planned my attachment devices as
follows:

Parallax ( http://www.parallaxinstruments.com/index.html ) 4" Rings mounted
to the AP 7" Slider Bar that will attach to an AP 8" Dove Tail Plate.

I am having a set of adapters machined to mount on top of the Parallax Rings
to accomodate another 8" Dove Tail Plate on which a 10" Slider will reside.
Attached to the 10" Slider will be a set of AP 60mm Guidescope rings. I have
also ordered an additional 10" Slider to attach my TV Starbeam finder and a
35mm camera piggy back device that is also available from AP.

All of this should make for a stable and quick setup/tear down scenario.

HTH

--
Clear Skies!

Mark Jenkins
markj@pcsincnet.com
http://www.pcsincnet.com/astronomy/

on 7/7/00 9:50 PM, Bill Becker at bbe51@rmisp.com wrote:

Hi to everyone.

Well, I got that phone call today and my 400 GTO mount will be
arriving in about a couple of weeks. I'm on the list for the 130mm,
the future permanent resident of the 400 but, in the mean time, I'd
like to give my Vixen a bit of a thrill and use it on the 400.
Does anyone know what I'll need to order to accomplish this? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Bill

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5532/7/_/3615/_/963024625/

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

If you have a dovetail bar for the 400, maybe you could
use some of the holes in it to match with the rings on the
Vixen. Or make an inexpensive wooden interfact between the
Vixen rings and which ever plate you have for the 400.

Rich

Hi to everyone.

Well, I got that phone call today and my 400 GTO mount will be
arriving in about a couple of weeks. I'm on the list for the 130mm,
the future permanent resident of the 400 but, in the mean time, I'd
like to give my Vixen a bit of a thrill and use it on the 400.
Does anyone know what I'll need to order to accomplish this? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Bill

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5532/7/_/3615/_/963024625/

Bill Becker

Hi Rich,

I had planned to get the 8" dovetail for the 130mm; I'm now going to
order it and see how it lines up with the Vixen rings.....Thanks for
the suggestion.

Best regards,
Bill

--- In ap-gto@egroups.com, "Rich N." <rnapo@z...> wrote:
If you have a dovetail bar for the 400, maybe you could
use some of the holes in it to match with the rings on the
Vixen. Or make an inexpensive wooden interfact between the
Vixen rings and which ever plate you have for the 400.

Rich

---
Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive
chemistry
experiments.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5532/7/_/3615/_/963024625/
---

Bill Becker

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that great info....I noticed that Parallax has 114mm rings
and if the AP 8" dovetail doesn't mate with the Vixen rings, I'll be
giving Joe a call and follow your well thought out plan of attack.

Have fun with your 400GTO when it comes next week!

Best regards,
Bill

- In ap-gto@egroups.com, Mark Jenkins <markj@p...> wrote:
[...]

Ooops...I just noticed that AP sells the 114mm rings..for slightly
less.
Better stick with one source for all. ;^)

Best regards,
Bill