From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:42 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Lunar/Planetary

Love all the Beautiful Deep Sky images you guys are posting but, just for a different look, here is Jupiter with my  AP 10" Maksutov back when it was higher in the sky!

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

VERY nice! Did you use a colour camera? Or mono with filters?

Stuart

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 10:42 AM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:
Love all the Beautiful Deep Sky images you guys are posting but, just for a different look, here is Jupiter with my  AP 10" Maksutov back when it was higher in the sky!

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

thefamily90 Phillips

A Skynyx color camera.

Thanks,

Jim

VERY nice! Did you use a colour camera? Or mono with filters?

Stuart

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 10:42 AM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:
Love all the Beautiful Deep Sky images you guys are posting but, just for a different look, here is Jupiter with my  AP 10" Maksutov back when it was higher in the sky!

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Willie Strickland <cwskas@...>

Excellent work!  Please provide other info, location, processing ...

thefamily90 Phillips

The image was taken using a Skynyx color camera from South Carolina. I took an AVI for no longer than 2 minutes to avoid blurring from Jupiter’s rotation. I do not know how to use the de-rotation program out there so I just limit my AVI to 2 minutes or less.
Stacked with Registax
Wavelet processing
Touched up in Photoshop.

Jim

Excellent work!  Please provide other info, location, processing ...