From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of David Churchill <dachurchill@...>
Sent: 26 October 2019 00:16
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] A productive October

The Monsoon season finally ended and I've enjoyed several clear nights of imaging at my remote observatory during the Month of October.
Four images with the AP 305RHA on the AP 3600GTO Mount. Imaged with the FLI ML50100 camera.
http://www.skyimager.net/astro/Galaxy/M31-LRGB-201910.html
http://www.skyimager.net/astro/nebulae/2018/VeilNebula-Ha-201910.html
http://www.skyimager.net/astro/nebulae/2018/IC1848-Ha-201910.html
http://www.skyimager.net/astro/Cluster/DoubleCluster-RGB-201910.html
I just can't say enough good things about this imaging setup..... it really is a lot of fun - Thanks Astro Physics !!
Regards
David Churchill
www.skyimager.net

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

David, that is indeed a super collection! Nicely done!

You should post it to AP-UG as well.

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

jimmyjujames

Thanks to Roland, every time I see M31, I zoom in to see the Bear Paw.
And there it is in your photo.
A little fuzzy but easily visible.

Andromeda M31 Bear Paw

Where is that 3 toed bear paw in Andromeda?

First I draw a straight line from M32 through the center of Andromeda into the correct search quadrant.
The line goes very close to the Bear Paw.
M31 can be flipped vertically and/or horizontally.

Zoom into that quadrant

Draw a line through the 4 stars in a row.

Moving through the 2 bright stars (I see them as goal post stars).

Turning in (left 45 degrees) at the next bright star

Continuing to the 3 dimmer stars in a row.
The 3-toed bear paw is the first of the 3 dimmer stars

Crop or zoom in and check photo resolution.

Jimmy
We are all children of Nebula and multiple Supernovas