Mach2 price and specs are now on the AP website

Roland Christen

https://astro-physics.com/mach2gto

robert@...

And it's ALREADY out of stock! :)

Very nice! Will have to pass this round, but maybe the next...unless I'm like 1000 on the list.

mikestephens-milkeycorp@...

wow, WoW, WOW...… Kudos to the AP Design Team.
I have a question Rolondo:
I could not find the Mach1 on your web site...Is it being repriced / discontinued / ?
rgds, & tnx!

Roland Christen

The Mach1 is out of production.

wow, WoW, WOW...… Kudos to the AP Design Team.
I have a question Rolondo:
I could not find the Mach1 on your web site...Is it being repriced / discontinued / ?
rgds, & tnx!

Tyrel Smith

Well when you mentioned the trade war driving up material costs I braced for the other shoe to drop. Too bad it strayed so far from the original target price point. Will have to hold on to the Mach1 a little longer.

Ty Smith

On Sep 5, 2019, at 17:52, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

The Mach1 is out of production.

wow, WoW, WOW...… Kudos to the AP Design Team.
I have a question Rolondo:
I could not find the Mach1 on your web site...Is it being repriced / discontinued / ?
rgds, & tnx!

Roland Christen

We added a number of features (per various customer requests) that were not originally in our design goals, and that impacted the cost. However, they add to the usability and functions of the mount for serious imaging - it may be the the last mount you will ever need for true high res imaging.

wow, WoW, WOW...… Kudos to the AP Design Team.
I have a question Rolondo:
I could not find the Mach1 on your web site...Is it being repriced / discontinued / ?
rgds, & tnx!

topboxman

The web site says Mach2 will have through the mount cabling. Does this mean external cables can be routed inside the mount like other A-P mounts?

Thanks,
Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <chris1011@...> wrote :

https://astro-physics.com/mach2gto

We have some pretty long lists of people who are interested. We are presently notifying people who had signed up on the Mach1GTO list before it was closed.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Very nice! Will have to pass this round, but maybe the next...unless I'm like 1000 on the list.

Roland Christen

The cabling is USB3 and DC power which you can use for your imaging needs. It is built-in. You will have connections at the bottom of the mount and at the top of the Dec axis. The mount has stops to prevent rotation beyond 360 degrees in both axes so that the internal cables don't wind themselves around the axes and break. There is not enough room for customer cables to run thru the mount.

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

https://astro-physics.com/mach2gto

topboxman

OK. You night want to clarify the meaning of through-the-mount cabling for Mach2 because it's not quite the same as for A-P1100/1600 to avoid confusion.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <chris1011@...> wrote :

https://astro-physics.com/mach2gto

Miguel Morales <miguelmjr14@...>

When can we see some detailed images and descriptions of the "final” version of the Mach 2?

Wayne Hixson

What are the power and usb connector types?

Dale Ghent

USB3 and PowerPole.

/dale

On Sep 6, 2019, at 11:37 AM, wayneh9026@yahoo.com [ap-gto] <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What are the power and usb connector types?

Yahoo Groups Links

Roland Christen

Wea have made a few changes (very few really) to the mount since the prototype pictures were taken. Next week we should have parts ready for painting and assembly, so hopefully we'll have final pictures soon.