From: ap-gto@...
Sent: Saturday, June 1, 2019 1:38 PM
To: ap-gto@...; ap-ug@...
Subject: [ap-gto] The future is coming

And it doesn't look good for amateur astronomy.

My recent image of M101 was composed of 8 images, each 10 minutes long. Of the 8 frames, 6 of them have satellite streaks, one has two streaks and one went right thru the center of M101.

Besides that, we are now experiencing more cloudy skies due to higher global temperatures. Warmer air can hold more moisture and there is more evaporation from rising ocean temps.

Rolando

Robert Sinitiere <bobstar9@...>

That’s just great.  Now, multi-billionaires really do own everything, including the night sky!  Looks like I will have to become a “near-Earth satellite imager!🤬🤬🤬

On Jun 1, 2019, at 12:38 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

And it doesn't look good for amateur astronomy.

My recent image of M101 was composed of 8 images, each 10 minutes long. Of the 8 frames, 6 of them have satellite streaks, one has two streaks and one went right thru the center of M101.

Besides that, we are now experiencing more cloudy skies due to higher global temperatures. Warmer air can hold more moisture and there is more evaporation from rising ocean temps.

Rolando

Bruce Donzanti

Great example as to when progress stops becoming progress and is destructive..... just disgusting.

thefamily90 Phillips

Oh come on. Global warming? No, just a hot summer.

That’s just great.  Now, multi-billionaires really do own everything, including the night sky!  Looks like I will have to become a “near-Earth satellite imager!🤬🤬🤬

On Jun 1, 2019, at 12:38 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

And it doesn't look good for amateur astronomy.

My recent image of M101 was composed of 8 images, each 10 minutes long. Of the 8 frames, 6 of them have satellite streaks, one has two streaks and one went right thru the center of M101.

Besides that, we are now experiencing more cloudy skies due to higher global temperatures. Warmer air can hold more moisture and there is more evaporation from rising ocean temps.

Soon everyone will be yacking on their cellphones 24-7 anywhere in the world, even while being driven in their self-driving cars. And all that revenue will flow upwards to a few who can buy entire islands (like Lanai in Hawaii) so they can keep the riffraff out. With streetlight everywhere, one could at least escape to a mountain or rural area. With this new form of light pollution there is only one escape - the Moon or Mars. I wonder how long it will be before we are bombarded with outer space billboards?

Great example as to when progress stops becoming progress and is destructive..... just disgusting.

George OBrien

Since satellite tracks are very straight and should be easily detected in the image field, what’s the possibility of the folks at PixInsight or Diffraction Limited adding a software function to subtract tracks?

George