ActivX Issue

David Fabrizio

All, I am getting the following messages when I click the AP V2 driver button in APCC:

Error opening AP V2 ASCOM driver
Cannot create ActiveX component

and then I get:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

Dave Fabrizio

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

You are not providing much info (e.g., the driver version, Windows version, are you outside the U.S?). So... try deleting your ASCOM settings file.

You may also try reinstalling the driver if that doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to provide more information as there can be many reasons for that error.

-Ray Gralak

All, I am getting the following messages when I click the AP V2 driver button in APCC:

Error opening AP V2 ASCOM driver
Cannot create ActiveX component

and then I get:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

Dave Fabrizio

David Fabrizio

Ray,

 I tried reinstalling the latest AP V2 ASCOM Driver v5.20.09. I reinstalled APCC v1.7.1.0. I'm using Windows 10.

You are not providing much info (e.g., the driver version, Windows version, are you outside the U.S?). So... try deleting your ASCOM settings file.

You may also try reinstalling the driver if that doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to provide more information as there can be many reasons for that error.

-Ray Gralak

David Fabrizio

Ray,

 I'm also getting this message:

APSetup: Error when trying to create 'AstroPhysics V2. Telescope': Cannot create ActiveX component.

You are not providing much info (e.g., the driver version, Windows version, are you outside the U.S?). So... try deleting your ASCOM settings file.

You may also try reinstalling the driver if that doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to provide more information as there can be many reasons for that error.

-Ray Gralak

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Normally when I get the ActiveX component error, it means that one or more of the programs needs to be run once in Admin mode to register components w Windows. I'd try running all the participating software that way, close them, reopen them normally then see what happens. But also, "what Ray said".

On Sun, 26 May 2019 at 13:33, David Fabrizio DavFab@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

All, I am getting the following messages when I click the AP V2 driver button in APCC:

Error opening AP V2 ASCOM driver
Cannot create ActiveX component

and then I get:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

Dave Fabrizio

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dave, did you see my reply re running all programs once in Admin mode? I am sure I see that "Active X" error whenever I install software under Windows and forget to do that the first time. Running in Admin installs components that are not installed when running the normal way.

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 18:06, David Fabrizio DavFab@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Ray,

 I tried reinstalling the latest AP V2 ASCOM Driver v5.20.09. I reinstalled APCC v1.7.1.0. I'm using Windows 10.

You are not providing much info (e.g., the driver version, Windows version, are you outside the U.S?). So... try deleting your ASCOM settings file.

You may also try reinstalling the driver if that doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to provide more information as there can be many reasons for that error.

-Ray Gralak

David Fabrizio

Thank you for that suggestion.

On May 26, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

[...]

That indicates that the driver is not installed correctly. This is not a problem with the driver, but something with your computer prevented the driver from installing (i.e. updating the registry). There have been a lot of problems over the past year with Windows 10 updates that have caused problems. One of those updates might have caused this issue.

You might try going into Windows Control panel and removing the AP V2 ASCOM driver (and make sure multiple versions are not installed). Then, reboot your computer and reinstall v5.20.09. You shouldn't need to but it wouldn't hurt to right-click the installer and selecting "run as administrator".

BTW, do not install an earlier version of the driver than 5.20.09, as some versions won't work optimally with APCC v1.7.x.x.

-Ray Gralak

APSetup: Error when trying to create 'AstroPhysics V2. Telescope': Cannot create ActiveX component.

You are not providing much info (e.g., the driver version, Windows version, are you outside the U.S?). So... try
deleting your ASCOM settings file.

You may also try reinstalling the driver if that doesn't fix the problem. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to
provide more information as there can be many reasons for that error.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc