From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:17 AM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC in Admin Mode?

I’m running an imaging automation program called Voyager. It integrates with and manages other software like
The Sky X, MaximDL, PHD2 etc to accomplish its functions. To do this, it must run in Admin mode. Per
recommendations here, APCC is not run in admin mode. The result is that Viyager opens a second instance of
the AP ASCOM driver. I haven’t used it enough to know if this will cause a problem, so looking for advice from
Ray or others as to how to address it. Is it a problem to run APCC in Admin mode?

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Hixson

Thanks Ray. Is there a need to create an additional port?

On Apr 21, 2019, at 11:43 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Wayne, it is okay for the second driver instance. APCC's virtual ports are allocated to handle the two instances.

-Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak

Thanks Ray. Is there a need to create an additional port?
No, it is done automatically.

-Ray Gralak

Thanks Ray. Is there a need to create an additional port?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2019, at 11:43 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@gralak.com [ap-gto] <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Wayne, it is okay for the second driver instance. APCC's virtual ports are allocated to handle the two
instances.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc