ASCOM driver properties file?

Mike Dodd

I'm preparing to replace my observatory PC, and would like to copy the the ASCOM driver's settings for my AP1200 to the new computer.

Is there a file I can copy that contains things like lat/long, slew rate, park position, etc.?

Thanks.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA

Ray Gralak

Hi Mike,

I'm preparing to replace my observatory PC, and would like to copy the
the ASCOM driver's settings for my AP1200 to the new computer.

Is there a file I can copy that contains things like lat/long, slew
rate, park position, etc.?
Yes, it is C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\Settings.apdb

-Ray Gralak

I'm preparing to replace my observatory PC, and would like to copy the
the ASCOM driver's settings for my AP1200 to the new computer.

Is there a file I can copy that contains things like lat/long, slew
rate, park position, etc.?

Thanks.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA

Joe Zeglinski

Ray,

    Since this question about maintaining or recovering APCC Settings on changing PC’s etc.  has come up so often, perhaps there can be a command option to TRANSFER or IMPORT CURRENT APCC SETTINGS. I realize that given enough knowledge, it is already an easy task, but perhaps a specific command would simplify it.

Joe

> I'm preparing to replace my observatory PC, and would like to copy the
> the ASCOM driver's settings for my AP1200 to the new computer.
>
> Is there a file I can copy that contains things like lat/long, slew
> rate, park position, etc.?

Yes, it is C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\Settings.apdb

-Ray Gralak

W Hilmo

There is a way to save and load settings (under the file menu, see “save settings as” and “load settings”).

I use this to switch between my two mounts.  Would it not also work to move the settings between two machines?