Mount Not Found

Mikko Viljamaa

I'm having the same problem than the last time I changed PC's, meaning the Setup Telescope doesn't find the mount when I'm checking the com-ports. I've installed and reinstalled the Ascom drivers and the FTDI chip driver but nothing helps. Everything works if I connect the old PC so I know it's not the cable or the hub. The mount is a Mach1 with CP4 and the AP driver is the latest version.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks,

Mikko

Ray Gralak

Hi Mikko,

The ASCOM driver will not configure itself so you must manually determine which COM port the mount is on. The first place you should look is in Windows Device manager to see which COM ports are configured by your system. Then try selecting each port available in Device manager in the ASCOM driver setup window and clicking "Check Port" to see if the mount is detected on that port. If no port works then maybe there is a cable issue.

-Ray Gralak

I'm having the same problem than the last time I changed PC's, meaning the Setup Telescope doesn't find the
mount when I'm checking the com-ports. I've installed and reinstalled the Ascom drivers and the FTDI chip
driver but nothing helps. Everything works if I connect the old PC so I know it's not the cable or the hub. The
mount is a Mach1 with CP4 and the AP driver is the latest version.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks,

Mikko

Joe Zeglinski

Mikko,

    FTDI website has a chip address setup utility. Could it be that your FTDI adapter has a different Com(x) port number assigned on the two PC’s?      FTDI  “COM PORT ASSIGNMENT”

    There is also a VISTA Gadget  “FTDIPort Monitor” – as well as lots of other free FTDI support utilities.
Might be worth investigating.

Hope this helps,
Joe

Mikko Viljamaa

Thanks Ray, that's what I was doing - checking ports one by one. I used the original cable with an USB adapter and the port was found immediately. After that I tried my cable with integrated USB and now it found the mount also. Go figure...

- Mikko

Mikko Viljamaa

Thanks Joe, I might take a look at those. But I just realized the new PC came with a COM port so I can now use the original cable without any USB drivers.

- Mikko