Pyramy

rorschach1

I am using a Pyramid power supply to power my Mach1.  I believe it is the same model Astro-Physics  sells.
If the weather is clear Friday I plan to observe.  The temp is going to be on or about 10 t0 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Will that output voltage from the Pyramid be ok  at those low temps?

Roland Christen

Anything from 13.8 to 18 volts will work fine. Maybe drop the slew rate down to 900x.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Tue, Dec 4, 2018 12:41 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Pyramy

I am using a Pyramid power supply to power my Mach1.  I believe it is the same model Astro-Physics  sells.
If the weather is clear Friday I plan to observe.  The temp is going to be on or about 10 t0 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Will that output voltage from the Pyramid be ok  at those low temps?

Woody Schlom <woody@...>

Measure the voltage yourself to see exactly what yours is putting out. I no longer use Pyramid power supplies, but when I did, mine put out 13.9v DC no-load.

I can’t recall exactly, but I seem to remember Chris recommending knocking the mount’s fastest slew speed down to 600x also. The mount draws a lot less current at that speed.

Woody

Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:38 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Pyramy

I am using a Pyramid power supply to power my Mach1. I believe it is the same model Astro-Physics sells.

If the weather is clear Friday I plan to observe. The temp is going to be on or about 10 t0 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Will that output voltage from the Pyramid be ok at those low temps?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]