What guiding program are you using?

Marcelo Figueroa

Hello everyone,

I have always used PHD2 with my Mach1, but sometimes this can be very frustrating and I wondered what other alternatives there are.

As a capture program I use SGP that works great with the Mach1, so the idea is to integrate it with it. It doesn't have to be free, happy payment for a good guiding program.

Hey, it just occurred to me as I write this, it would be really great if AP developed their own guiding program. It could be part of APCC or APPC Pro.  Just think about it for a while ;)

Mike Dodd

On 11/7/2018 10:55 PM, marfig1970@... [ap-gto] wrote:

I have always used PHD2 with my Mach1, but sometimes this can be very
frustrating and I wondered what other alternatives there are.
Currently I use TheSkyX with its Camera add-on. It works reasonable well. In the near future I'll be using MaxIm with ACP for totally automated imaging. FocusMax rounds-out the software.

I used this trio with great success from about 2003 through 2010, when we sold our house.

At our new house, the observatory is complete, and I'm nearly finished setting up the observatory.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA

W Hilmo

I’ve used both PHD and MaxIm and have had no problems with either one.

Why do you say that PHD can be very frustrating? Honestly, I think it’s one of the easiest guiding packages out there.

I have always used PHD2 with my Mach1, but sometimes this can be very
frustrating and I wondered what other alternatives there are.
Currently I use TheSkyX with its Camera add-on. It works reasonable
well. In the near future I'll be using MaxIm with ACP for totally
automated imaging. FocusMax rounds-out the software.

I used this trio with great success from about 2003 through 2010, when
we sold our house.

At our new house, the observatory is complete, and I'm nearly finished
setting up the observatory.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA

topboxman

I also use PHD2 along with SGP without issues. It's the best $99 ever spent for an automation software called SGP.

Peter