AP UTILITY E-NET WIFI POLL odd APCC disconnect

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Ray,

    Just noticed a strange thing when I use the “E-NET POLL”  utility,  offered in the CP4 user guide. As soon as I close this program’s response box, it triggers an APCC shutdown sequence.
Of course, I also then get the pop-up option to abort the triggered shutdown, but I wondered why this utility needs to disconnect its discovered (reported)  APCC Ethernet & WIFI ports. That’s kind of a bother, though not critical.

    As a postscript to my earlier post, perhaps this would be a good utility to have more easily accessible from/on the APCC control panel or menu bar. It is well written by providing not only both the required Ethernet and WIFI mount IP addresses but also the option to launch the GTOCP4 Main Webpage and its settings. Slightly quicker since it saves having to launch a browser  just to get this info.

Joe Z.

Ray Gralak

Hi Joe,

Just noticed a strange thing when I use the “E-NET POLL” utility, offered in the CP4 user guide. As soon as I
close this program’s response box, it triggers an APCC shutdown sequence.
That's the way APCC is designed to work if you have the option to shutdown APCC enabled when the last connection to APCC closes.

If you had two ASCOM client applications connected through the driver then shutting down one of them (e.g. the poll utility) would not shut down APCC. Also, if you turn off the option to auto-shutdown then APCC would not shut down either.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

[...]

Thanks Ray,

    That all makes good sense.

    I also checked the speed of the CP4 WIFI, about 3 feet away from the laptop’s external USB antenna, and I see the CP4 reception is 65 Mpbs compared to the 300 Mbps my ASUS USB-AC65 antenna connects to the laptop with.
The CP4 must be very busy processing servo and APCC control panel tasks, or its WIFI has a lower priority communicating with the laptop.

    Doesn’t matter – the CP4 and APCC combination is a jewel !

Joe