Luca Marinelli

After you choose ASCOM under telescope setup you have to open Settings in the Mount Setup menu and choose the AP ASCOM driver. Make sure that the correct COM port is selected and you should be all set. This needs to be done only once.

Luca

On Feb 6, 2021, at 11:42 AM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

I simply choose ASCOM under telescope setup. No need to specify a mount. See screen shot below:
Rolando

<dummyfile.0.part>

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Gilchrist via groups.io <gilchrist.allen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 5, 2021 9:51 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

True to my previous experiences, I haven't been able to get ASCOM to work.  I downloaded ASCOMPlatform65SP1.exe and installed that.  Then I downloaded AstroPhysics_V2_Setup_5.30.10.exe and ran that.  Icons appeared on my desktop, and I was able to setup the telescope mount and run the APJog utility.  When I opened TheSkyX, however, there was no Astro-Physics GTO V2 Mount listed under either ASCOM or under Astro-Physics.  Under Astro-Physics, I found 1200 GTO and GTO Model Mount.  I can control the mount with either of these, but neither of them appears to be using ASCOM.  When I run APJog Utility, an AP_ASCOM log file is created, but not when I connect to the mount with TSX.  I found something on the ASCOM-Standards/FAQs site about a need for a special TeleAPIv5.94 driver for TheSky, but I think that relates to older versions of the program.  I'm missing something here.  Can someone help?

I simply choose ASCOM under telescope setup. No need to specify a mount. See screen shot below: