APPM/APCC: Enabling the cooler of an ASCOM Camera?

Karsten Schindler

I connected a camera in APPM via its ASCOM driver, which worked really well. However, I noticed that APPM does not allow me to set a cooler temperature, or to enable the cooler of the camera. Maybe something to consider in a future release? Unfortunately, the properties dialog of the ASCOM camera driver does not allow me to define a TEC temperature. Thus, the camera runs uncooled if I would choose to control it throught the ASCOM driver, and not a 3rd party program.

Clear skies,

Karsten

Ray Gralak

Hi Karsten,

I connected a camera in APPM via its ASCOM driver, which worked really well. However, I noticed that APPM does
not allow me to set a cooler temperature, or to enable the cooler of the camera. Maybe something to consider in a
future release? Unfortunately, the properties dialog of the ASCOM camera driver does not allow me to define a TEC
temperature. Thus, the camera runs uncooled if I would choose to control it throught the ASCOM driver, and not a
3rd party program.
The plate solving applications ignore background noise in images so there is usually no need for cooling.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro V3: http://www.ccdware.com