FW: Amateur Astronomers Photograph Tesla Roadster in Space

Friends,

I would like to issue a challenge to anyone with clear skies tonight. Who can capture an image of the Tesla Roadster in space? See the info from Space Weather below. There was an image, but I had to delete it, so you will have to go to their site.

Good luck! Snow here today, so no chance for us.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

From: "SpaceWeather.com" <swlist@...>
Date: Feb 9, 2018 3:08 AM
To: <sarmm54@...>

[...]

Everyone here was cheering as the Falcon Heavy lifted off. The dual perfect landing of the boosters was beyond belief. It brought back the excitement of the early liftoffs.

Shots of  Spaceman in the roadster with the Earth in the background are breathtaking and the interior dashboard message “don’t panic” was truly inspired.

What a thrill! What a showman!

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

Bill Long

One of those events in life that made millions of people excited about space again. Something we have not had occur in a very, very long time.

[...]

Roland Christen

Yes, we were all cheering here at AP when the rocket blasted off. Even more cheers when the two rockets returned to earth and landed backwards just like we all expected rockets to do back in the 1950's when we watched sci-fi movies at the local movie theater.

[...]

Agreed! I forgot to remind everyone that this is a great opportunity to use the Horizons program that is part of APCC (both versions) to locate the Tesla roadster.

As always, please read the instructions for using Horizons, particularly if you have not used it before. There is also a video at this link to help you get started.

http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/apcc/apcc-videos.htm

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc