PEMPro V2 to V3 Free Upgrade request for users with AP's PEMPro V2 licenses

Ray Gralak

Hi Everyone,

If you have a PEMPro V2 license that came with your Astro-Physics mount you
can request a free upgrade to PEMPro V3 at this link (restrictions noted in
the link):

https://www.siriusimaging.com/ApPEMProUpgrade

Upgrades can take up to one business day if I need to verify a mount's owner
with A-P. And since it is Superbowl Sunday, if you have questions today
please be patient for an answer.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Robert Berta

Thanks Ray....submitted request. First class company.

Worsel

Ray

The License Requestor downloaded and installed.  However, when I run it, the V2 button is grayed out and V3 is selected.

Since my valid license key is for V2, I cannot proceed.

Bryan

---In ap-gto@..., <groups3@...> wrote :

Hi Everyone,

If you have a PEMPro V2 license that came with your Astro-Physics mount you
can request a free upgrade to PEMPro V3 at this link (restrictions noted in
the link):

https://www.siriusimaging.com/ApPEMProUpgrade

Upgrades can take up to one business day if I need to verify a mount's owner
with A-P. And since it is Superbowl Sunday, if you have questions today
please be patient for an answer.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Ray Gralak

Bryan,

A few others have already entered a V2 license successfully, so please try clicking the "PEMPro V2" radio button. I just tried it and it worked fine. I didn't even need to click the "Clear License" button.

But, if that doesn't work then let's take this offline. Please submit a ticket here:

https://siriusimaging.zendesk.com

And, because of the sensitive nature of license keys I would ask that anyone else having a problem to please submit a support ticket instead of posting a problem here.

Thanks,

-Ray Gralak

---In ap-gto@..., <groups3@...> wrote :

Hi Everyone,

If you have a PEMPro V2 license that came with your Astro-Physics mount you
can request a free upgrade to PEMPro V3 at this link (restrictions noted in
the link):

https://www.siriusimaging.com/ApPEMProUpgrade

Upgrades can take up to one business day if I need to verify a mount's owner
with A-P. And since it is Superbowl Sunday, if you have questions today
please be patient for an answer.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Worsel

Thanks for the help, Ray.  V3 installed, licensed, and functional.

Bryan

MCDERMOTT MICHAEL <wildwood7711@...>

Hi, Another off the wall question for Ray. I tried to connect with the Astro-physics V2 Telescope Driver v 5.10.02. I have Windows 10. I read on the Ascom website that Microsoft downloaded a update that may interfere with this. I checked my updates on the computer and deleted the KB4056892 update and tried it again. Still not working . What is working, when I click  the check port it is telling me it found the mount. However after filling in the  my parameters and unchecking the box, that  Ray's website states to do. When I click on OK. The set-up box goes away and the handbox ( on the screen) does not show up on my screen. I have tried with and without my mount handbox connected to the rs232 on my cp3 mount (1200 GTO). Do you have any idea why it does not show up? The bad update is off my OS. I tried to get it with the bad driver and without it and still get the same results. I plan on getting the APCC later. But want to use this driver in question for the present time.  I have the newest ASCOM  6.3 driver and the Astro-Physics V2 Telescope driver v5.10.02 on my computer ,  in my programs  lists it shows that both of these drivers are present along with the framework.Thanks, Mike

On Monday, February 5, 2018 12:23 PM, "bryancashion@... [ap-gto]" wrote:

Thanks for the help, Ray.  V3 installed, licensed, and functional.

Bryan

MCDERMOTT MICHAEL <wildwood7711@...>

The handbox is plugged into the handbox in the cp3 unit. The RS232 is plugged into trying the upper and lower and offers no help. To un-confuse the original message. Also after the set-up box goes away after clicking OK  nothing is in my systems tray either. I have no idea where it goes! - Mike

On Monday, February 5, 2018 12:23 PM, "bryancashion@... [ap-gto]" wrote:

Thanks for the help, Ray.  V3 installed, licensed, and functional.

Bryan

Steve Reilly

Have a look at the announcement here and see if this answers any of your questions http://ascom-standards.org/

Steve

On Monday, February 5, 2018 12:23 PM, "bryancashion@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks for the help, Ray.  V3 installed, licensed, and functional.

Bryan

Steve Reilly

Mike,

Suggest opening a new thread as this seems to be getting confusing as I don’t think it has anything to do with the thread you posted on. Maybe I’m wrong?….What is the subject of your problem with the mount?

Steve

The handbox is plugged into the handbox in the cp3 unit. The RS232 is plugged into trying the upper and lower and offers no help. To un-confuse the original message. Also after the set-up box goes away after clicking OK  nothing is in my systems tray either. I have no idea where it goes! - Mike

On Monday, February 5, 2018 12:23 PM, "bryancashion@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks for the help, Ray.  V3 installed, licensed, and functional.

Bryan

Gene Mroz

Ray,

Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer?  Or is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does not yet have V2 installed.  Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I have the original CD with License #.

Thanks in advance,

Gene

Ray Gralak

Hi Gene,

Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer? Or
is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does
not yet have V2 installed. Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I
have the original CD with License #.
No, PEMPro V2 does not need to be installed nor will you need the license from the CD. A new V3 license will be emailed to you. The license will have the mount type, its serial number (provided by you) and your name. (Note: if you ever sell the mount then PEMPro must be transferred to the new user).

That said, to use the full functionality of PEMPro with this license type you must connect once to your AP Mount with a GTOCP4 (or GTOCP3 with Rev V or later).

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer? Or
is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does
not yet have V2 installed. Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I
have the original CD with License #.

Thanks in advance,

Gene

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Ray,

were I can order the license?

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Hi Gene,

Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
Author of PEMPro:  http://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com
> Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer? Or
> is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does
> not yet have V2 installed. Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I
> have the original CD with License #.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gene

Konstantin von Poschinger

Sorry I have found it.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 06.02.2018 um 13:23 schrieb 'Konstantin v. Poschinger' k.poschinger@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>:

Hi Ray,

were I can order the license?

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 06.02.2018 um 05:13 schrieb 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>:

Hi Gene,

> Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer? Or
> is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does
> not yet have V2 installed. Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I
> have the original CD with License #.

No, PEMPro V2 does not need to be installed nor will you need the license from the CD. A new V3 license will be emailed to you. The license will have the mount type, its serial number (provided by you) and your name. (Note: if you ever sell the mount then PEMPro must be transferred to the new user).

That said, to use the full functionality of PEMPro with this license type you must connect once to your AP Mount with a GTOCP4 (or GTOCP3 with Rev V or later).

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
Author of PEMPro:  http://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com
> Does this upgrade to PemPro V3 require the presence of V2 on the computer? Or
> is it a completely new installation? I want to install V3 on a new computer that does
> not yet have V2 installed. Will I have to install V2 first before upgrading to V3? I
> have the original CD with License #.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gene

Alex Colburn

Hi Ray,

I've used Pempro since V1 and currently have a V2 upgrade licence. Having downloaded V3 and installed it, the licence window tells me I am eligible for a V3 upgrade licence but when I click the purchase licence button it takes me to a window that only allows me to buy a full V3 licence. Am I missing something?

Regards, Alex

Mike C

If you click the buy link on the CCDWARE page and scroll down, do you see a green barred section called upgrades?

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:45 AM, a.w.colburn@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

I've used Pempro since V1 and currently have a V2 upgrade licence. Having downloaded V3 and installed it, the licence window tells me I am eligible for a V3 upgrade licence but when I click the purchase licence button it takes me to a window that only allows me to buy a full V3 licence. Am I missing something?

Regards, Alex

Gregory <fyrframe@...>

So I guess I am confused. I received a free upgrade to download V3 offer in a post earlier. I though it was an update.

But once again as usual, PemPro requires far too much to continue with upgrades. I don't get it, everything PemPro and MaxumDL requires an amazing amount of security just to use the program.

I have grown tired of listening to this conversation about yet another complicated security requirement. NO other program I use and have used for the last 40+ years has ever required so much security hoop jumping.

Sorry for the rant. I woke up this morning just to see 10 more forum posts about this topic and apparently I have had enough with the complex nature of obtaining the next version of PemPro. I find all of this security to register the program is rediculous, and for me at this time, I am not willing to put up with it anymore.

This should have been a simple upgrade, but for some reason it needs to be far more complicated. EOR.

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

On 2/9/2018 7:17 AM, Mike C mike@... [ap-gto] wrote:

If you click the buy link on the CCDWARE page and scroll down, do you see a green barred section called upgrades?

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:45 AM, a.w.colburn@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

I've used Pempro since V1 and currently have a V2 upgrade licence. Having downloaded V3 and installed it, the licence window tells me I am eligible for a V3 upgrade licence but when I click the purchase licence button it takes me to a window that only allows me to buy a full V3 licence. Am I missing something?

Regards, Alex

Ray Gralak

Hi Alex,

As Mike said, just scroll down to the upgrades section on the CCDWare site.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

I've used Pempro since V1 and currently have a V2 upgrade licence. Having
downloaded V3 and installed it, the licence window tells me I am eligible for a V3
upgrade licence but when I click the purchase licence button it takes me to a window
that only allows me to buy a full V3 licence. Am I missing something?

Regards, Alex

Roland Christen

I understand your concerns, but PEMPro is not an Astro-Physics program. It belongs to and sold by CCDware and is universal for all mounts, not just the AP mounts. Please direct your concerns to that company. Astro-Physics has nothing to do with either MaximDL or CCDware except how it can be used with our mounts for imaging and alignment.

[...]

You are right Rolando, my apologies.

I wasn't addressing any concerns from AP, but it's forum seems to be the place these conversations are held, and the author of the program spends a very large amount of time addressing concerns on this forum. And these conversations are being held here, I don't find these conversations anywhere else.

So to me, it seemed this was indeed the place to start a discussion about a program which is also supported by AP.

But, I don't want to upset any of the administration at AP, so End Of Rant.

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

On 2/9/2018 8:44 AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] wrote:

[...]

Hi Greg,

Alex was asking about a CCDWare upgrade purchase, not the free upgrade for AP mount owners with a V2 license. There are no special security requirements with the CCDWare version because the licenses have user names on them. .

The AP PEMPro licenses were meant to be kept with the mount if it is sold, but there many cases where that didn’t happen. And because the licenses are anonymous and not assigned by mount it was impossible to give the new owner a license that the previous owner had lost. So, we had to implement a change.

You probably don’t know this but we are extending the free upgrade request to *all* AP PEMPro V2 licenses going back 10 years and allowing for up to 5 copies of V3 simultaneously installed and used. Of course you don’t have to participate in the free upgrade if you think the security restrictions are too much.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak