Grease Kit Received

wildwood7711@...

Hi, I am attempting to de-grease my 2006 AP1200GTO  gears. I have read the instructions that came with my grease kit from AP. Instructions state" Unscrew shoulder bolts that hold the spur gears so that the gears may be removed". "Do not try and remove the worm's spur gear or motor spur gear." Question do both slotted bolts get removed? I took a photo of my gearbox. I labeled A,B &C. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

George

Yes.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Hi, I am attempting to de-grease my 2006 AP1200GTO  gears. I have read the instructions that came with my grease kit from AP. Instructions state" Unscrew shoulder bolts that hold the spur gears so that the gears may be removed". "Do not try and remove the worm's spur gear or motor spur gear." Question do both slotted bolts get removed? I took a photo of my gearbox. I labeled A,B &C. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Roland Christen

Question do both slotted bolts get removed?
Yes, remove these bolts and pull them out of the gears. Grease the bolts and all of the gear teeth and put all back together.

Hi, I am attempting to de-grease my 2006 AP1200GTO  gears. I have read the instructions that came with my grease kit from AP. Instructions state" Unscrew shoulder bolts that hold the spur gears so that the gears may be removed". "Do not try and remove the worm's spur gear or motor spur gear." Question do both slotted bolts get removed? I took a photo of my gearbox. I labeled A,B &C. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

MCDERMOTT MICHAEL <wildwood7711@...>

Thanks, George and Roland, I just completed the de-greasing / re-greasing of the RA & DEC, spurs and worms and gears. Great grease you sell, stuck on the teeth taffy! After almost 12 years the  existing grease  is gone. Now next to replace the" L" chip with the "V" chip I have in hand. I am happy! Curious to know if altering the listed above will cause having to do PEM again. Hope I can remember the procedure, 12 years is a long time! - Mike

On Friday, January 19, 2018 11:48 AM, "chris1011@... [ap-gto]" wrote:

Question do both slotted bolts get removed?
Yes, remove these bolts and pull them out of the gears. Grease the bolts and all of the gear teeth and put all back together.

Hi, I am attempting to de-grease my 2006 AP1200GTO  gears. I have read the instructions that came with my grease kit from AP. Instructions state" Unscrew shoulder bolts that hold the spur gears so that the gears may be removed". "Do not try and remove the worm's spur gear or motor spur gear." Question do both slotted bolts get removed? I took a photo of my gearbox. I labeled A,B &C. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Worsel

A-P posted this link to a video a while back

Bryan

---In ap-gto@..., <dbs2144@...> wrote :

I have a related question regarding regreasing my AP1200. I ordered and have received the AP regrease kit. However, I did not receive any written instructions. Is there a set of instructions available for this procedure?
Thanks
Dan

Dan Simpson

Hi Bryan
Thanks, I've seen this video, and it's very informative (comforting?), but it does not show how the two motor assemblies are actually removed from the mount. If its just unthreading the two or three screws securing the motor assemblies that would be great but in the first post on this thread there was this comment: "Unscrew shoulder bolts that hold the spur gears so that the gears may be removed". "Do not try and remove the worm's spur gear or motor spur gear." Question do both slotted bolts get removed? ".  I'm not clear on what this is referring to and I want to just be sure that I'm not missing anything when I take things apart.
Take Care,
Dan

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

I have a related question regarding regreasing my AP1200. I ordered and have received the AP regrease kit. However, I did not receive any written instructions. Is there a set of instructions available for this procedure?
Thanks
Dan

MCDERMOTT MICHAEL <wildwood7711@...>

Hi Dan, What is your e-mail address?

---In ap-gto@..., wrote :

I have a related question regarding regreasing my AP1200. I ordered and have received the AP regrease kit. However, I did not receive any written instructions. Is there a set of instructions available for this procedure?
Thanks
Dan

Dan Simpson

It's listed below