Can't access GTOCP4 again ?

Ron Kramer

Every so often the new CP$ seems to check out.  I no longer see it on my routers "connected devices" listing and I also can't seem to connect to it's IP,  or it's Ethernet connection. I've powered it down and up - and no change. I had this a few weeks ago and - it came back somehow with tinkering around. well it's gone again and a day of tinkering hasn't found anything.

My sky safari use to connect quickly to  192.168.1.13  (and no longer does).

I suspect there is no way to enter a IP to get back inside to see the setup?

Then that means connect a ethernet cable (I believe one is plugged into the new Nuc) but looking in the manual, I can't seem to find a IP that works.

ACPP (clicking the  FIND GTOCP4  ( IP/mac address etc) feature reveals nothing.

Also the manual speaks of a WIFI POLL untility. (link doesn't work) or asks for a pw?

And mention of a java util - with same problem.

I suspect this poll util will help me find what's in the dome...  and help out.  please advise how to get back into the CP4 so I can confirm it's setup is the same.

I not see a GTO network listed - so I suspect it's still in client mode.  What is the default ethernet IP address that allows access?

 172.31.0.1 doesn't work, but I think that's only in server mode.  How can I get back into it?

I see this:

Ethernet Port The GTOCP4 introduces Ethernet connectivity to the Astro-Physics GTO Servo System. The interface is the standard RJ45-8 receptacle for Cat 5 and higher cables. Ethernet (LAN) can be point-to-point (aka. peer-to-peer) with a computer, or networked without user configuration. Simply enter the IP address into the browser URL and gain access to the GTOCP4 Web interface. An IP address takes the form: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx is a value between 0 and 255. A typical IP address on your home network might be 192.168.0.101

Problem is - the example IP is just an example.  What is the actual IP?

Ron Kramer

169.254.3.23/   does not work with direct lan connection from NUC to GTOCP4

Is there a reset?

Bill Long

Does it show up in your list of available wifi networks?

169.254.3.23/   does not work with direct lan connection from NUC to GTOCP4

Is there a reset?

Ron Kramer

No - It doesn't' show up - but it shouldn't.  I had (have) it set in client mode to join my network.
I can't get into it to check settings.  It was fine, been connected for weeks no problem... then just vanished and I can't get in.   I posted this same issue a few weeks ago but it came back before I received a response.