Connection to 1100 dropped

Worsel

After running for almost three hours without incident, the connection from APCC to the 1100 dropped.  Was able to reconnect manually in APCC, Park, and re-start.  Still lost some images.

The logfile is in Dropbox at

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2w86yt7gn309uv/APCC-2017-11-18-185622.txt?dl=0

The drop is shortly after step 0359029 at time 21:51:06.242

This has happened before, intermittently.  That suggests an erratic connection (cable, port ?) somewhere.

I use TCP LAN to connect APCC to my PC.

Any insight is appreciated.

Bryan

Ray Gralak

Hi Bryan,

The log file doesn't provide any information why the "connection" started to time out. I put "connection" in quotes because when APCC doesn't establish a single long lasting TCP connection, but a new TCP connection every request to the mount.

So, this could have been a hardware error or a resource issue in your computer's TCP stack. You might try connecting via UDP instead as it does not need to create a new connection every command request.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

After running for almost three hours without incident, the connection from APCC to the 1100 dropped. Was
able to reconnect manually in APCC, Park, and re-start. Still lost some images.

The logfile is in Dropbox at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2w86yt7gn309uv/APCC-2017-11-18-185622.txt?dl=0

The drop is shortly after step 0359029 at time 21:51:06.242

This has happened before, intermittently. That suggests an erratic connection (cable, port ?) somewhere.

I use TCP LAN to connect APCC to my PC.

Any insight is appreciated.

Bryan

Worsel

Thanks, Ray!

I will make the change and post here.

Bryan

---In ap-gto@..., <groups3@...> wrote :

Hi Bryan,

The log file doesn't provide any information why the "connection" started to time out. I put "connection" in quotes because when APCC doesn't establish a single long lasting TCP connection, but a new TCP connection every request to the mount.

So, this could have been a hardware error or a resource issue in your computer's TCP stack. You might try connecting via UDP instead as it does not need to create a new connection every command request.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

Worsel

After several nights of imaging with the 1100 set on UDP, rather than TCP, I have not had a single drop.

Thanks, Ray!

Bryan