Some odd RA issues/configure ASCOM?

Mike Shade

No, it is not an ASCOM driver issue. Not 100% sure that it is an
autoguiding issue either but in my mind at least it very well could be.

But, on this topic, if I were to want to bypass the guider relays...to rule
that out...

Setup Maxim 5.18 to guide via ASCOM direct. As I am using The Sky 6... in
the mix here, along with ACP, and an older version of Focusmax do I need to
configure anything with the "observatory control window" in Maxim or just
use the AP ASCOM driver? Maxim's help mentions this, but it doesn't look
like I need to do so for ASCOM direct. I have nothing configured in the
now, rather not add another layer of complexity if not needed.

Would calibration be about the same as for guiding through the relays,
looking for a movement of 40 pixels or so?

In the AP ASCOM driver, would I guide at 1X, .5X, or .25X? I currently
guide at 1X with the relays.

What about aggressiveness during guiding? With the relays run 6 to 6.5,
similar or...? Run this higher? I seem to have a recollection that the
issue was that the scope was getting sent corrections or something when I
tried this before but might not have had it setup right.

Anything else I am missing here?

Thanks...

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Already, in the gathering dusk, a few of the stars are turning on their
lights.

Vega, the brightest one, is now dropping towards the west. Can it be half

a year since I watched her April rising in the east? Low in the southwest

Antares blinks a sad farwell to fall...

Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

International Dark Sky Association: <http://www.darksky.org/>
www.darksky.org