old driver

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Hello all

I explain you my problem.

I have an AP 1200 GTO wich worked very well in my home with the AP V2 5.09.12, since I am in remote at the eye :http://entreencinasyestrellas.es/

My Driver was changed(no by myself) for the new driver V2 5.10.00 and it does not run correctly.

Before I used the Ascom Telescope Driver for the Sky X and then I choosed Astrphysics driver.

I don't know how to come back to the old diver ?

I am lost can you help me?

Best regards

Ray Gralak

I don't know how to come back to the old diver ?

It looks like you are in France, so have you tried swapping the "." and "," in Windows Regional settings to see if that fixes the problem?

-Ray Gralak

I have an AP 1200 GTO wich worked very well in my home with the AP V2 5.09.12, since I am in remote at
the eye :http://entreencinasyestrellas.es/

My Driver was changed(no by myself) for the new driver V2 5. 10.00 and it does not run correctly.

Before I used the Ascom Telescope Driver for the Sky X and then I choosed Astrphysics driver.

I don't know how to come back to the old diver ?

I am lost can you help me?

Best regards

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Ray,

I change "," for "." and I'll tell you this evening and night to see what

Thanks a lot and best regards

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 03:30
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]"
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> > I don't know how to come back to the old diver ?

> It looks like you are in France, so have you tried swapping the "." and "," in Windows Regional settings to see if that fixes the problem?
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

Ray Gralak

Hi Dr. Cammilleri,

I change "," for "." and I'll tell you this evening and night to see what

Thanks a lot and best regards
Ok, thank you. I would like to find out if the regional settings are causing a problem in the driver. Yesterday I refactored all of the "suspect" ASCOM utility function calls that might return regionally dependent strings into locally defined private functions so that it will be easier to make global changes to the regional behavior (if needed).

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

I change "," for "." and I'll tell you this evening and night to see what

Thanks a lot and best regards

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 03:30
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> > I don't know how to come back to the old diver ?

> It looks like you are in France, so have you tried swapping the "." and "," in Windows Regional
settings to see if that fixes the problem?

> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Ray, for astronomers I am not Doctor I am JO =)

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 15:58
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]"
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> Hi Dr. Cammilleri,
>
> > I change "," for "." and I'll tell you this evening and night to see what
> >
> > Thanks a lot and best regards
>
> Ok, thank you. I would like to find out if the regional settings are causing a problem in the driver. Yesterday I refactored all of the "suspect" ASCOM utility function calls that might return regionally dependent strings into locally defined private functions so that it will be easier to make global changes to the regional behavior (if needed).
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

Ray Gralak

Hi JO,

Ray, for astronomers I am not Doctor I am JO =)
OK, thanks!

-Ray Gralak

Ray, for astronomers I am not Doctor I am JO =)

<https://webmail22.orange.fr/webmail/fr_FR/tinyMCE/plugins/emotions/img/fixe/complice.gif>

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 15:58
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> Hi Dr. Cammilleri,
>
> > I change "," for "." and I'll tell you this evening and night to see what
> >
> > Thanks a lot and best regards
>
> Ok, thank you. I would like to find out if the regional settings are causing a problem in the driver.
Yesterday I refactored all of the "suspect" ASCOM utility function calls that might return regionally dependent
strings into locally defined private functions so that it will be easier to make global changes to the regional
behavior (if needed).

> Best regards,
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Hi, Ray

I have all tested my config is this one

Windows 7 64 bits in remote at Eye (Spain)

I tried "," and "." in regional settings

i try with the AP driver 5.09.09 and too with the 5.10.00, after  every driver changes I restart my Computer

the same stars not round with 10 sec bin1*1 and the polar alignment is about 5 arcsec

What can I try now ? of course there is no hardware problem  no orange led on the panel mount wich is an AP1200 GTO in GTOCP3 and no message send by the AP driver even I have too the yellow box because of communication  in the AP driver, but in my home I had too these messages without any consequence

The connexion with the PC is about a Serial cable on the RS232C at the top of the control panel Perhaps I have to connect on the low RS232C ???????

I use the Sky X with this process to connect Driver

1) telescope setup

2) Choose = Ascom Mount

3) Settings = AstroPhysics Driver V2

4) the dialog box driver AP open with the good settings (Location, sideral rate port com and so on)

5) connect telescop ( but the dialog box asking from wich park is not open but the settings are  Unpark from Last Park and Park to Park3)

6) the connexion does not fail it's ok but with a 10sec pose the stars are like that /

Now I am lost as an astronot in the deep sky

   HOUSTON we have a problem!!!!

Best regards

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 20:23
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]"
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> Hi JO,
>
> > Ray, for astronomers I am not Doctor I am JO =)
>
> OK, thanks!
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

Ray Gralak

HI Jean Oliver,

the same stars not round with 10 sec bin1*1 and the polar alignment is about 5 arcsec
The version of the driver will not have any effect on tracking.

What we are looking to solve is the apparent regional settings issue with the new version of the driver. But, so far, I cannot reproduce the problem. It runs without errors on a VMWare instance with the regional settings

The connexion with the PC is about a Serial cable on the RS232C at the top of the control panel Perhaps I
have to connect on the low RS232C ???????
No, don't switch to the lower port. That will likely make the connection worse.

What can I try now ? of course there is no hardware problem no orange led on the panel mount wich is an
AP1200 GTO in GTOCP3 and no message send by the AP driver even I have too the yellow box because of
communication in the AP driver, but in my home I had too these messages without any consequence
Is there any chance you can get the log file and post it via a dropbox link like Claude has done?

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

Windows 7 64 bits in remote at Eye (Spain)

I tried "," and "." in regional settings

i try with the AP driver 5.09.09 and too with the 5.10.00, after every driver changes I restart my Computer

the same stars not round with 10 sec bin1*1 and the polar alignment is about 5 arcsec

What can I try now ? of course there is no hardware problem no orange led on the panel mount wich is an
AP1200 GTO in GTOCP3 and no message send by the AP driver even I have too the yellow box because of
communication in the AP driver, but in my home I had too these messages without any consequence

The connexion with the PC is about a Serial cable on the RS232C at the top of the control panel Perhaps I
have to connect on the low RS232C ???????

I use the Sky X with this process to connect Driver

1) telescope setup

2) Choose = Ascom Mount

3) Settings = AstroPhysics Driver V2

4) the dialog box driver AP open with the good settings (Location, sideral rate port com and so on)

5) connect telescop ( but the dialog box asking from wich park is not open but the settings are Unpark from
Last Park and Park to Park3)

6) the connexion does not fail it's ok but with a 10sec pose the stars are like that /

Now I am lost as an astronot in the deep sky

HOUSTON we have a problem!!!!

Best regards

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 20:23
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> Hi JO,
>
> > Ray, for astronomers I am not Doctor I am JO =)
>
> OK, thanks!
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Thaks you Ray for your answer, my trouble is growing because it is the first time I have this kind of problem, and  do not understand anything.

Can you tell me where is generaly locate the AP Driver log ?

best regards

JO

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 23:06
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]"
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> HI Jean Oliver,
>
> > the same stars not round with 10 sec bin1*1 and the polar alignment is about 5 arcsec
>
> The version of the driver will not have any effect on tracking.
>
> What we are looking to solve is the apparent regional settings issue with the new version of the driver. But, so far, I cannot reproduce the problem. It runs without errors on a VMWare instance with the regional settings
>
> > The connexion with the PC is about a Serial cable on the RS232C at the top of the control panel Perhaps I
> > have to connect on the low RS232C ???????
>
> No, don't switch to the lower port. That will likely make the connection worse.
>
> > What can I try now ? of course there is no hardware problem no orange led on the panel mount wich is an
> > AP1200 GTO in GTOCP3 and no message send by the AP driver even I have too the yellow box because of
> > communication in the AP driver, but in my home I had too these messages without any consequence
>
> Is there any chance you can get the log file and post it via a dropbox link like Claude has done?
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

Ray Gralak

Hi JO,

Can you tell me where is generaly locate the AP Driver log ?
The driver comes with a tool that will locate and zip (compress) the logs and settings files into a single zip file. The tool is called the "AP Log Zipper" utility and you can launch it from the Windows start menu. If you are running Windows 8/10, just start typing "AP Log Zipper" in the Windows search bar. Here is what the utility looks like:

http://www.gralak.com/apdriver/help/index.html?aplogzipper.htm

That said, you can find the driver's logs by starting the driver's setup window and you can find a button called "Open Log Directory" in the "Other Options" section. Clicking it will open a Windows explorer instance in the logs directory:

http://www.gralak.com/apdriver/help/index.html?other_options.htm

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

Thaks you Ray for your answer, my trouble is growing because it is the first time I have this kind of problem,
and do not understand anything.

Can you tell me where is generaly locate the AP Driver log ?

best regards

JO

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI

http://joastro.e-monsite.com

http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

> Message du 04/09/17 23:06
> De : "'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...>
> A : ap-gto@...
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [ap-gto] old driver
>

> HI Jean Oliver,
>
> > the same stars not round with 10 sec bin1*1 and the polar alignment is about 5 arcsec
>
> The version of the driver will not have any effect on tracking.
>
> What we are looking to solve is the apparent regional settings issue with the new version of the
driver. But, so far, I cannot reproduce the problem. It runs without errors on a VMWare instance with the
regional settings

> > The connexion with the PC is about a Serial cable on the RS232C at the top of the control panel
Perhaps I
> > have to connect on the low RS232C ???????
>
> No, don't switch to the lower port. That will likely make the connection worse.
>
> > What can I try now ? of course there is no hardware problem no orange led on the panel mount
wich is an
> > AP1200 GTO in GTOCP3 and no message send by the AP driver even I have too the yellow box
because of
> > communication in the AP driver, but in my home I had too these messages without any
consequence

> Is there any chance you can get the log file and post it via a dropbox link like Claude has done?
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
> Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
> Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

CAMMILLERI JEAN OLIVIER

Hi Ray,

I think I have found the file log, is not it, good fine
Best regards
JO

Dr Jean Olivier CAMMILLERI
http://joastro.e-monsite.com
http://astrosurf.com/jocammilleri

Message du 05/09/17 14:23

As, I have already wrote you My telescope is in remote in the E-eye :
http://entreencinasyestrellas.es/
I use a AP1200 GTO with the Sky X and a shuttle PC with 2 serials ports RS232 in W7 pro 64 bits
I'm really lost and I do not understand anything whatsoever with the combination of the Sky X / and the AP V2 driver or the MaxImDL / APdriver V2 combination. The sidereal follow-up is not done and the stars are in the form of traits. However the driver works because the mount moves in Alpha and Dec when I control it from the panel of the driver APV2. Maybe I've connected the driver incorrectly. Or may be there is a bug with my PC but in my house all corectly works

You can see on the differents screens shot the differents steps I use to connect the driver
1) In The Sky X menu Telescope/telescope setup/mount setup/ choose = ascom Driver Ok to close choose
2)Mount Setup/Settings/Astrophysics GTO V2 Mount Then Clik on property and the driver's interface appers and you have to change some value in the diver

Are those informations correct or no. It had been more than 1 mounth that I am blocked this problem. If I use MaxiM Dl it is the same.
I have a doubt  does I have to install and use thoses drivers: Ascom Telescope Driver for the Sky?
                                                                                        The Sky Controle Telescope?

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE i am soon prey to depression

[...]

I sent you a private email with a screen shot of how to connect TheSkyX to the mount, and unpark the mount. This will allow the mount to track at Sidereal.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak