Problem with regional settings

Claude Roth

Hello

Since Ascom driver version 5.09.09 I have issues because of the regional settings - decimal settings.

I have a french Windows 10 version, with the default decimal setting set to comma, the position and time information in the driver window are not correct or sometimes empty, I have also a lot of communications errors. The telescope crosshair in the planetarium software is also not functional.

Bets regards

Claude

See image capture

https://photonsdenuit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/snip_20170903173424.png

Ray Gralak

Hi Claude,

I think this may be happening because of recent changes to allow extra precision to some of the commands. The AP Driver uses the ASCOM libraries to create RA/Dec strings for some of the commands sent to the mount, so as a workaround for now you could define "." as decimal in Windows regional settings.

So, I've added a bug report for this issue and I expect a fix will be available in AP V2 v5.10.01, when it becomes available.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak

Since Ascom driver version 5.09.09 I have issues because of the regional settings - decimal settings.

I have a french Windows 10 version, with the default decimal setting set to comma, the position and time
information in the driver window are not correct or sometimes empty, I have also a lot of communications
errors. The telescope crosshair in the planetarium software is also not functional.

Bets regards

Claude

See image capture

https://photonsdenuit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/snip_20170903173424.png

image <https://photonsdenuit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/snip_20170903173424.png>
https://photonsdenuit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/snip... <https://photonsde nuit.fr/wp-
content/uploads/2017/09/snip_20170903173424.png>
View on photonsdenuit.fr <https://photonsdenuit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/snip_20170903173424.png>
Preview by Yahoo

Claude Roth

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your answer.
That is what I will do while waiting the update, hoping I will not have issues with other software (french for ex.)
Anyway, next days, the sky will be cloudy and the moon waxing gibbous or full
Best regards,

Claude

Ray Gralak

Hi Claude,

I wanted to check back with you on this. If you tried, did setting the regional settings work ok?

I'm asking because I failed to reproduce the problem yesterday after changing the decimal point to "," in regional settings. Maybe you could zip and post a log file through a public DropBox link?

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak