ADM saddle for Mach1GTO

Jinyoung Heo

Hi, I'm almost about pulling trigger to new mach1gto. Question is how ADM dual saddle for the mount is. Does anyone use it? May I ask pros and cons?  I already have ADM dual saddle for my AVX and not sure that I could reuse it with just  buying proper adapter. 

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Christopher Erickson

I have an ADM Losmandy-size, dual-saddle that I sometimes use on my 1100.  Works fine.  I put a C14 and AP 130 APO on the 1100 together.

With the adjustable bits it is rather heavy and I am not sure that it would be as useful on a Mach1, which would limit the size of OTA's you could put on it.

FWIW, a Mach1 and dual-saddle could carry a heck of a lot more than the AVX.

Is yours the Vixen-size or the Losmandy-size?

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

Sent: Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:19 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] ADM saddle for Mach1GTO

Hi, I'm almost about pulling trigger to new mach1gto. Question is how ADM dual saddle for the mount is. Does anyone use it? May I ask pros and cons?  I already have ADM dual saddle for my AVX and not sure that I could reuse it with just  buying proper adapter. 

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Woody Schlom <woody@...>

Jinyoung,

The Losmandy dual scope saddle works fine on my Mach1.  I see no reason why the ADM wouldn’t work.

But that said, I replaced the standard short AP two-clamp dovetail on my Mach1 for AP’s much longer and solid three clamp one.  I don’t think I’d trust any dual scope saddle on the short AP dovetail.

Woody

Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 10:19 PM

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

If you can find the old Robin Casady saddles and tandem bars (no longer made sadly) on the used market I would recommend getting some as they are a step above anything else I've tried.

Michael Fulbright

On 9/3/2017 5:03 PM, 'Woody Schlom' woody@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Jinyoung,

The Losmandy dual scope saddle works fine on my Mach1.  I see no reason why the ADM wouldn’t work.

But that said, I replaced the standard short AP two-clamp dovetail on my Mach1 for AP’s much longer and solid three clamp one.  I don’t think I’d trust any dual scope saddle on the short AP dovetail.

Woody

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Jinyoung Heo

Thanks all!

Since ADM also offers dual saddle for Mach1GTO, I thought just buying adapter to connect the saddle plates and mount's head was enough. My OTA is AT65EDQ and EdgeHD 8, all has ADM Losmandy dovetail to be attached onto the saddle. I likely play with them more for next a couple of years. 

BTW, does anyone have experience Rayox saddle? While I was seeking for saddle info for Mach1GTO, it was also caught in my radar. Looked nice but could not get many review about it. 

Thanks again,
Jinyoung

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 2:52 PM, "Michael Fulbright mike.fulbright@... [ap-gto]" wrote:

If you can find the old Robin Casady saddles and tandem bars (no longer made sadly) on the used market I would recommend getting some as they are a step above anything else I've tried.

Michael Fulbright

Jinyoung,

Woody

Thanks,
Jinyoung

Christopher Erickson

The current ADM D-series dual saddle combinations are effectively clones of the Robin Casaday saddle.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

Sent: Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] ADM saddle for Mach1GTO

Michael Fulbright

Jinyoung,

Woody

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Virus-free. www.avg.com