ADM saddle for Mach1GTO

Jinyoung Heo

Hi, I'm almost about pulling trigger to new mach1gto. Question is how ADM dual saddle for the mount is. Does anyone use it? May I ask pros and cons?  I already have ADM dual saddle for my AVX and not sure that I could reuse it with just  buying proper adapter.

Thanks,

Jinyoung

Christopher Erickson

I have an ADM Losmandy-size, dual-saddle that I sometimes use on my 1100.  Works fine.  I put a C14 and AP 130 APO on the 1100 together.

With the adjustable bits it is rather heavy and I am not sure that it would be as useful on a Mach1, which would limit the size of OTA's you could put on it.

FWIW, a Mach1 and dual-saddle could carry a heck of a lot more than the AVX.

Is yours the Vixen-size or the Losmandy-size?

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738