From: ap-gto@...
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 12:02 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Polemaster

My friend has sent me the pole master to use for the weekend For my Mach 1 . Any idea if I can just stick on front with duct tape ? His mount is eq6 . I do have my own RAPAS
Suresh
Ps telescope is in north ( closed sit out )of my house I can see a little higher than Ursa Major that's all
Thanks
Suresh

Christopher Erickson

Double-sided tape on the front of the RA motor will work.

What is your latitude?

PoleMasters don't work well within 15 degrees of the equator.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Apr 6, 2017 9:10 PM, "Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:
My friend has sent me the pole master to use for the weekend For my Mach 1 . Any idea if I can just stick on front with duct tape ? His mount is eq6 . I do have my own RAPAS
Suresh
Ps telescope is in north ( closed sit out )of my house I can see a little higher than Ursa Major that's all
Thanks
Suresh

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    ap-gto-digest@...
    ap-gto-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

Suresh Mohan

Latitude is 13 N but with RAPAS I get within 1 arc minute on most days
Thanks
Suresh
By double sided : you meant the one which sticks both sides ? Right ?

On 07-Apr-2017, at 12:54 PM, Christopher Erickson christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, springy white foam rubber tape with adhesive on both sides.

It can be safely removed using dental floss as a saw.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

[...]

Sent from my iPhone

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    ap-gto-digest@...
    ap-gto-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

Suresh Mohan

I'm eager to post results tonight or Tommorow
Suresh

[...]

topboxman

Dec axis motor, not RA motor.

Peter

swiencek

I hope it works for you. I completed an alignment last night and verified it with a T Point model using 84 points. My error is 0 Arc Sec. both ways. This is the second time in a row that I achieved these results. I do need to mention that my latitude is 43 Deg.

Good luck

Steve W

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Permanent-Mounting-Tape-inches/dp/B00O2ZW88Q

[...]

Ok I've locked Polaris with RAPAS , I can see Polaris and just one more star that's way too faint in Polemaster to make my next move . Will either try late night or tommorow . I tried various gain and exposure settings by can only see two stars . As of now RAPAS wins ( my RAPAS is calibrated already) will post update after haze reduces
Suresh

On 07-Apr-2017, at 5:47 PM, pnagy@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Dec axis motor, not RA motor.

Peter

swiencek

Whatever works for you.

Ok I've locked Polaris with RAPAS , I can see Polaris and just one more star that's way too faint in Polemaster to make my next move . Will either try late night or tommorow . I tried various gain and exposure settings by can only see two stars . As of now RAPAS wins ( my RAPAS is calibrated already) will post update after haze reduces

Suresh

On 07-Apr-2017, at 5:47 PM, pnagy@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Dec axis motor, not RA motor.

Peter