Hand controller is stuck on AP Ver 4.19.3 screen

steven ho

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

It worked last time about 2 months ago.

Thanks 

Steve Hoffman

Suresh Mohan

Yes I can try , first there is a method described in the website ie connecting to the sky etc , if that fails try re installing again , if that fails open the hand controller and clean the pins where the coiled cable connects , be sure not to loose those small washers under those screws when u fix back . For me none of the above worked and I changed the coiled cable and update happens like a charm and works fine 
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 1:41 AM, stevenhoffman53@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 

Steve Hoffman

Suresh Mohan

Ps the hand controller is virtually indestructible , don't worry 
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 8:48 AM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Yes I can try , first there is a method described in the website ie connecting to the sky etc , if that fails try re installing again , if that fails open the hand controller and clean the pins where the coiled cable connects , be sure not to loose those small washers under those screws when u fix back . For me none of the above worked and I changed the coiled cable and update happens like a charm and works fine 
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 1:41 AM, stevenhoffman53@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 

Steve Hoffman

Roland Christen

No, you did not lose your database. You have lost connection on the plug to the keypad or internally inside the keypad and that means a lost communication between keypad and mount servo. The pins are probably slightly corroded and are not making good connection. You can start by unplugging the cable and running the plug in and out of the mating plug on the CP3, which might rub off some of the corrosion. You can try using fine sandpaper on the exposed pins on the connector plug. If that's not enough, you may have to go inside the keypad (take the back off) and unplug the cable from that end. use fine sandpaper on those pins. Once you get communication, put some connector grease on the pins. This will prevent future corrosion - it seals out the oxygen from the air.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sun, Apr 2, 2017 3:11 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Hand controller is stuck on AP Ver 4.19.3 screen

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 
Steve Hoffman

steven ho

I did replace the battery a couple months ago. 

Thank you!

steve hoffman

Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 12:30 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Hand controller is stuck on AP Ver 4.19.3 screen

No, you did not lose your database. You have lost connection on the plug to the keypad or internally inside the keypad and that means a lost communication between keypad and mount servo. The pins are probably slightly corroded and are not making good connection. You can start by unplugging the cable and running the plug in and out of the mating plug on the CP3, which might rub off some of the corrosion. You can try using fine sandpaper on the exposed pins on the connector plug. If that's not enough, you may have to go inside the keypad (take the back off) and unplug the cable from that end. use fine sandpaper on those pins. Once you get communication, put some connector grease on the pins. This will prevent future corrosion - it seals out the oxygen from the air.

Rolando

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 
Steve Hoffman

Joe Zeglinski

Rolando,

... Sandpaper on gold pins? Shouldn’t you recommend using a  more friendly, less damaging,  “ink eraser” instead ? I assume they still make those, along with lead pencils :-)

Joe

steven ho

Don't worry Joe I have been using a Ruby Red eraser for years.

steve hoffman

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 1:05 PM

Rolando,

... Sandpaper on gold pins? Shouldn’t you recommend using a  more friendly, less damaging,  “ink eraser” instead ? I assume they still make those, along with lead pencils :-)

Joe

Roland Christen

Ok, ink eraser.

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 12:06 pm

Rolando,

Joe

Don Anderson

Good quality electrical contact cleaner

Don Anderson

Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 11:24 AM

Ok, ink eraser.

Rolando

Rolando,

Joe

steven ho

The red wire is disconnected from the post in the plug, I assume that must be re-soldered.  I am a HAM and know how to solder.

Thank you!

steve hoffman

Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 12:30 PM

Rolando

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 
Steve Hoffman

Suresh Mohan

From this thread I learnt two things . Connector grease to prevent corrosion and ink eraser ! Thanks 
Suresh 

On 03-Apr-2017, at 10:54 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Ok, ink eraser.

Rolando

From: 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>

Rolando,

Joe

Don Anderson

And.... electronic contact cleaner spray. Better than an eraser.

Don Anderson

Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 8:57 PM

From this thread I learnt two things . Connector grease to prevent corrosion and ink eraser ! Thanks 
Suresh 

On 03-Apr-2017, at 10:54 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Ok, ink eraser.

Rolando

From: 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>

Rolando,

Joe

Gregory <fyrframe@...>

Sorry, responding to this thread a little late. If this was already covered forgive me.

Wouldn't a spray-on electrical solvent be better than sandpaper?

Thanks.

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

On 4/3/2017 9:30 AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Rolando

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

Thanks 
Steve Hoffman

--
Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.