Hand controller is stuck on AP Ver 4.19.3 screen

steven ho

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

It worked last time about 2 months ago.

Thanks

Steve Hoffman

Suresh Mohan

Yes I can try , first there is a method described in the website ie connecting to the sky etc , if that fails try re installing again , if that fails open the hand controller and clean the pins where the coiled cable connects , be sure not to loose those small washers under those screws when u fix back . For me none of the above worked and I changed the coiled cable and update happens like a charm and works fine
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 1:41 AM, stevenhoffman53@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

It worked last time about 2 months ago.

Thanks

Steve Hoffman

Suresh Mohan

Ps the hand controller is virtually indestructible , don't worry
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 8:48 AM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Yes I can try , first there is a method described in the website ie connecting to the sky etc , if that fails try re installing again , if that fails open the hand controller and clean the pins where the coiled cable connects , be sure not to loose those small washers under those screws when u fix back . For me none of the above worked and I changed the coiled cable and update happens like a charm and works fine
Suresh

On 03-Apr-2017, at 1:41 AM, stevenhoffman53@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Can anyone help?

Did I cream my database?

It worked last time about 2 months ago.

Thanks

Steve Hoffman

Roland Christen

No, you did not lose your database. You have lost connection on the plug to the keypad or internally inside the keypad and that means a lost communication between keypad and mount servo. The pins are probably slightly corroded and are not making good connection. You can start by unplugging the cable and running the plug in and out of the mating plug on the CP3, which might rub off some of the corrosion. You can try using fine sandpaper on the exposed pins on the connector plug. If that's not enough, you may have to go inside the keypad (take the back off) and unplug the cable from that end. use fine sandpaper on those pins. Once you get communication, put some connector grease on the pins. This will prevent future corrosion - it seals out the oxygen from the air.