Loosening Saddle Plate Knobs

gary imm

I have a MACH1GTO with the DOVELM2 saddle plate,  At the end of the night, especially if it is cold, I have a tough time loosening the two saddle plate knobs to release the scope.  Perhaps it is because I have big old fingers, or maybe I just tighten them too much at the start of the night.

Does anyone else have the same problem, and are there innovative ways to easily loosen them?

Thanks,

Gary

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

How about one of those rubber jar lid removers. Not the big strap things but the one you would have in the kitchen. Thin disk of rubber. Give you a better grip.

Stuart

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:46 AM immgr@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I have a MACH1GTO with the DOVELM2 saddle plate,  At the end of the night, especially if it is cold, I have a tough time loosening the two saddle plate knobs to release the scope.  Perhaps it is because I have big old fingers, or maybe I just tighten them too much at the start of the night.

Does anyone else have the same problem, and are there innovative ways to easily loosen them?

Thanks,

Gary

Joe Zeglinski

Gary,

    Most if not all, saddle knobs have an Allen Wrench socket. Keep the appropriate wrench in your pocket, for set up and tear down of the scope. Also suggest you tie a string or old shoe lace around it, so you can easily find it when, as often the case, it falls in the snow or dark ground. Could also paint it with Luminous Paint as well (Home Depot or Michaels Crafts paints). Otherwise, putting on a rubber “dish washing glove” also gives plenty of grip.

Joe

Roland Christen

Rubber pad with vice grips ;^))

--

Christopher Erickson

Cheap little strap wrench with a rubber strap.

I carry two in my tool bag.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics