From: cford81@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sun, Aug 14, 2016 10:36 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] GTOCP4 and latest APAE?

I just mounted my new GTOCP4 on my AP1600GTO today. I also took advantage of the 30% offer and installed APCC on my POC also. So far, it all seems to hang together and I am starting to explore.

The missing part of the equation appears to be the APAE software that controls both absolute encoders on my mount. I assume I might have to tun these on again now the old GTOCP3 and GTOAE combo is gone? (The RA status LED is glowing blue, the DEC status LED is now glowing green)

I have a version 1.0 of the APAE utility on an (old school) CD that was shipped to me when I purchased my AP1600GTO a few years ago, but the documentation says the newest version is needed with the GTOCP4 but it does not seem to be available online. The documentation only says that a future version of APCC will integrate the APAE utility.

Has anyone with absolute enco der mounts got the GTOCP4 working with the latest version of the existing APAE utility? (And what version number is it and where did you get it from)

Chris

cford81@...

Thank Roland,

       The APAE encoder Utility I have is the original v1.0 before the GTOCP4 existed, and the documentation (page 15) states that "You must have the latest version to recognize the GTOCP4". Is this older version 1.0 compatible with the GTCOCP4? (Updated versions of the APAE utility do not appear available for download from the AP site)

Chris

The missing part of the equation appears to be the APAE software that controls both absolute encoders on my mount. I assume I might have to tun these on again now the old GTOCP3 and GTOAE combo is gone? (The RA status LED is glowing blue, the DEC status LED is now glowing green)

The status lights indicate that the encoder is working properly, but does not indicate that the encoders are turned on in the CP4. To do that, simply run the encoder utility and set your encoders on and set the home and limits that you want. It is a one time operation that will set the encoder status inside the CP4, and you won't have to run it again.

[...]

Roland Christen

Marj will answer you and get you the software.

[...]

Hi Chris,

I just sent an email to you privately with a link to a Dropbox folder that has the zip file. Apparently, the shipment of your GTOCP4 did not include the CD as it should have. We will send that to you, as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

Just to be clear to anyone following this thread, the APAE utility is ONLY for mounts that have absolute encoders.

If you have received a GTOCP4 for your mount that has absolute encoders and did not receive the CD, please let us know.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd