Mercury transit 2015 from Greece

ayiomamitis

Gents,

It is virtually eleven years to the day that I received my AP 160 and this gem has NEVER let me down. When all the marbles are on the table, out comes my beloved AP160!!!

Lots of heavy cloud cover but I managed to squeeze something post-ingress at 2400mm focal length: http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Planet-Mer-Transit-2016-Ingress.htm .... AP all the way (OTA, mount, barlow).

Anthony.

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Smartly done Anthony!

Stuart

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Anthony Ayiomamitis ayiomami@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Gents,

It is virtually eleven years to the day that I received my AP 160 and
this gem has NEVER let me down. When all the marbles are on the table,
out comes my beloved AP160!!!

Lots of heavy cloud cover but I managed to squeeze something
post-ingress at 2400mm focal length:
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Planet-Mer-Transit-2016-Ingress.htm .... AP
all the way (OTA, mount, barlow).

Anthony.

ayiomamitis

Thanks, Stuart.

I tried the SM90/BF30 but after a couple of hours I went back to the old tried and successful combo. I could not get it to tune (first time out with it) but the clouds were a nuisance anyway and may exolain why.

Anthony.