SkyX parking bug

Some of you may have noticed some odd behavior when parking your mount with the SkyX.

First, SkyX will send the mount to its saved park position that you had created in SkyX. Then, it issues the ASCOM park call which will send it to the park position that you defined in the V2 driver. So, your mount will slew twice in order to park. This can be quite disconcerting since these positions may not be the same and it may head in an unexpected direction.

George and Howard of our technical support staff discussed and demonstrated to bug to Richard Wright of Software Bisque at NEAIC. He had been unaware of this issue and assured them that it would be fixed.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

chris maier

I have noticed this, but didn't understand why it slewed twice to park. I got used to it. The second slew was always a small move. Thanks so much for bringing this to SB's attention.

James Janusz

Mine does not do that. FWIW.

Jim

On 4/16/2016 3:14 PM, Marj marj@... [ap-gto] wrote:

[...]

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

My AP900GTO never did that either.

Stuart

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 4:29 PM, James Janusz jjanusz@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

[...]

Craig Anderson

I’ve also been seeing this parking issue w/ TSX, but I was misattributing it to APCC Pro and the pointing model thinking that there was an offset between TSX's view of the park position and APCC’s. It’s great to know it’s going to be fixed. I’m assuming it will be a daily build of TSX? Is there any way to find out when this particular bug has been addressed?

-Craig

--

Keep an eye on their daily build.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

Mlooker

They are working on 10.5.0 right now so a major release is on the way.

Tom