ATS Portable Pier for 1100 GTO and GTO-CP4

John A. Sillasen

I'm just a bit confused  when I read both the A-P site and the ATS site as to which Pier is right for the 1100.

On the A-P site it reads :

Mount the 1100GTO and 900GTO on the ATS 10" Portable Pier:

On the ATS site it says:
Pier Diameter

8"
Astro-Physics 1100 (FSA Adapter Included)
$265

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Paul Lavoie

The eight inch is a more direct drop in, but the 10" can also be adapted for heavier duty use. I have never felt the 8" was less than adequate for anything I've put on my 1100.

On Apr 3, 2016 1:31 AM, "jasillasen JASillasen@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I'm just a bit confused  when I read both the A-P site and the ATS site as to which Pier is right for the 1100.

On the A-P site it reads :

Mount the 1100GTO and 900GTO on the ATS 10" Portable Pier:

On the ATS site it says:
Pier Diameter

8"
Astro-Physics 1100 (FSA Adapter Included)
$265

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

John A. Sillasen

Thanks. What's on your 1100 to give that some perspective? Just asking so a few years from now I don't do the Homer and say, sure wish I had done the 10".

John

Paul Lavoie

I've gone as crazy as having an 1100 Edge, an AP 155, and a Lunt 60 hAlpha scope at the same time with no issues, but I definitely do not do that regularly.

On Apr 3, 2016 9:46 AM, "JASillasen@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks. What's on your 1100 to give that some perspective? Just asking so a few years from now I don't do the Homer and say, sure wish I had done the 10".

John

John A. Sillasen

Thanks. Just what have you put on your 1100 to give your note some perspective?
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

John

Roland Christen

The 1100 mounts on the 8" ATS pier.

I'm just a bit confused  when I read both the A-P site and the ATS site as to which Pier is right for the 1100.

On the A-P site it reads :

Mount the 1100GTO and 900GTO on the ATS 10" Portable Pier:

On the ATS site it says:
Pier Diameter

8"
Astro-Physics 1100 (FSA Adapter Included)
$265

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Roland Christen

From our website:

Pier Mounting Options
The 1100GTO mount integrates a precision rotating pier adapter and azimuth adjuster as part of its base. The mount's base will directly attach to the Astro-Physics pier, or it can be attached to any flat surface using the Flat Surface Adapter for 1100GTO and all 900 Mounts (119FSA). If you plan to use an 8" ATS pier, you will need the Flat Surface Adapter with Flat Pier Plate for 1100GTO and all 900 Mounts (119FSA-FP). The 1100GTO's wide adjustable 0 to 78 degree latitude range (which spans from Antarctica to the arctic circle) makes the use of a wedge unnecessary.

From: jasillasen JASillasen@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto Sent: Sun, Apr 3, 2016 12:31 am

I'm just a bit confused  when I read both the A-P site and the ATS site as to which Pier is right for the 1100.

On the A-P site it reads :

Mount the 1100GTO and 900GTO on the ATS 10" Portable Pier:

On the ATS site it says:
Pier Diameter

8"
Astro-Physics 1100 (FSA Adapter Included)
$265

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

John A. Sillasen

Thanks Roland. As I saw the AP team heading to dinner tonight, I told George I would be picking his brain tomorrow for a shopping list for this. I See you have given me a parts list already so this should be even easier on George now as I did not see your reply until now.

John