Topics

Hard case Mach-1

Mike Shade

I am sure I am not the first to ask, does either AP sell a hard case for the Mach-1, or if not, who makes one that would work or folks have made work?

Thanks.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Antares blinks a sad farwell to fall...

Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

Larry Phillips

I use a Pelican 1620.

Larry

John Thompson <jbtgolfer@...>

My opinion. ScopeGuard makes the best cases for all types of scopes and mounts. I believe AP would recommend them.

John Thompson Scottsdale Arizona

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:30 AM, "llp41astro@... [ap-gto]"

I use a Pelican 1620.

Larry

Hytham A

All of my equipment (astro, photography, guns, electronics. ..etc) is carried in Pelican cases. I have shipped, and transported my gear with them all over the world and always arrives as it left. Amazing stuff.

For the Mach 1 I use the Pelican 1650.

On Feb 4, 2016 6:53 AM, "'Mike Shade' mshade@q.com [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I am sure I am not the first to ask, does either AP sell a hard case for the Mach-1, or if not, who makes one that would work or folks have made work?

Thanks.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

Sir Winston Churchill

Antares blinks a sad farwell to fall...

Leslie Peltier, Starlight Nights

Andrew Barton

I use the Pelican 1600 for my Mach1. It is not as big as the 1650 (and probably not as well protected) but I prefer the small size for driving out to remote locations.

The following thread from CloudyNights shows how the mount fits in the 1600.
--
Andrew Barton

On Feb 4, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Hytham A hytham.a@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

[...]

International Dark Sky Association: www.darksky.org

Michael Turner

I use a Pelican 1610 with custom, hand cut foam.

Michael

At 08:13 AM 2/4/2016, you wrote:

My opinion. ScopeGuard makes the best cases for all types of scopes and
mounts. I believe AP would recommend them.

<http://www.scpeguard.com/>http://www.scpeguard.com/

John Thompson Scottsdale Arizona

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:30 AM, "llp41astro@cox.net [ap-gto]"
<ap-gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I use a Pelican 1620.

Larry

John A. Sillasen

I have a ScopeGuard and love it.  They even cut the insert to my latitude at my request.  It's perfect!  In my opinion it's superior to the Pelikan cases as its a better latch set better handles, hinges and very strong but portable. It has wheels, metal corners and holds everything cut to fit including the counterweight shaft, Keypad and knobs.

They closed shop for awhile so I couldn't recommend them but they are back.  Mind you my RAPAS is in a Pelikan case so I can't say anything negative about Pelikan cases.  The ScopeGuard is just that good!

John A. Sillasen

John A. Sillasen

AP does recommend them.  It was Marj who suggested I pursue ScopeGuard. If not Marj it was Roland. First choice they made in fact.

John A. Sillasen

Fritz K

I use the Porta Brace 2650, (same style as the Pelicans). It provides a very compact fit to the folded up Mach 1 equatorial head. All the rest goes in a regular hard sided attache case. The counter weights go in a Pelican 1300 case. Bright orange broadcasting 'Watch out for your feet:-P '

fritz kleinhans

Martin Artem <martin.artem14@...>

I have the Peli  Case 1640.. and my MACH1 GTO + GTOCP3 and CABLE fit in it..

Regards

Martin

PELI Case 1640

I use the Porta Brace 2650, (same style as the Pelicans). It provides
a very compact fit to the folded up Mach 1 equatorial head. All the
rest goes in a regular hard sided attache case. The counter weights go
in a Pelican 1300 case. Bright orange broadcasting 'Watch out for your
feet:-P '

fritz kleinhans

Harley Davidson

I used a Pelican 1650 case which I made an insert for to hold in place the Mach1 for my latitude of 41°. I also had room for extra supplies in it too. See picture below.

tony