KeyPad Update, unavailable at this time.

Decided to start a new thread, to make these questions not get lost in the old thread.

When will it again be available? The site says it is not available, check back later.

Those of us who bought our mounts used, what do we do to get a Password and User Name? Do we have to call?

Thanks,

Floyd

Floyd,

We recommend USB to serial adapters with the FTDI chip or the Keyspan adapters. Do NOT use a USB to serial adapter that has a Prolific chip.

The installer will be available again shortly. We made a change to the installer.

The user name and password were included in the documentation that was sent with the mount. Please register your mount and we will provide that information to you.

www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/mount_reg_form.htm

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Decided to start a new thread, to make these questions not get lost in the old thread.

When will it again be available? The site says it is not available, check back later.

Those of us who bought our mounts used, what do we do to get a Password and User Name? Do we have to call?

Thanks,

Floyd

renan@...

Hi:Marj

Do you mean that although I am using use an adapter with a Prolific chip (Win10) I am not supposed to use it for upgrading to 4.19?

I can communicate and control the Mach 1 mount with the Prolific chip adapter with no problemas as far as I know.

Regards,

Renan

Renan,

You can certainly try it. George has reported to me that the people who have problems are often using adapters with Prolific chips.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Do you mean that although I am using use an adapter with a Prolific chip (Win10) I am not supposed to use it for upgrading to 4.19?

I can communicate and control the Mach 1 mount with the Prolific chip adapter with no problemas as far as I know.

Regards,

Renan

George

Renan,

Prolific chips will sometimes work to run most aspects of our mounts, but they do not work to load new firmware.   I am not a computer savant and cannot explain why, but they just don’t work for that function.   Use the Keyspan or an FTDI chip adapter and it will work for you.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Do you mean that although I am using use an adapter with a Prolific chip (Win10) I am not supposed to use it for upgrading to 4.19?

I can communicate and control the Mach 1 mount with the Prolific chip adapter with no problemas as far as I know.

Regards,

Renan

renan@...

Thanks George for the info.

I went ahead and did my upgrade using the Prolific adapter and the following:

Dell XPS notebook

Win 10

Prolific (genuine) USB-serial adapter from Plugable, for Win 10

(Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)

Keypad shows V4.19, all menus are displayed and location data and other settings are OK.

I will connect to the mount during the weekend to verify that everything is 100%.

Regards,

Renan

Christopher Erickson

Actually I would say that genuine Prolific chips will work but the Chinese black-market counterfeits will not.

The trick is not knowing if you have a genuine or counterfeit chip.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738