Milky Way Mosaic

Roland Christen

Hi All,

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.

Rolando

Stuart

Ya baby! Nice one Rolando!

Stuart

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:05 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi All,

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.

Rolando

Roland meant to type 130GTX, the name of our new 130 triplet apochromatic refractor. He has been up until 3 or so in the am for the last couple of nights, so I’ll chalk it up to fatigue.

We hope to post a photo of the finished production model with its 3.5” focuser within the next week as soon as the parts come back from the anodizer.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.

Rolando

James Janusz <jjanusz@...>

WOW!

From my Android Galaxy S3 phone on T-Mobile.

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.

Rolando

Ram

What an awesome field!
--Ram

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:18 PM, James Janusz jjanusz@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

WOW!

From my Android Galaxy S3 phone on T-Mobile.

After a week of imaging during variable clouds and periods of clear, I managed to get most of my Milky Way H-alpha mosaic. I still have to go back and re-shoot some of the noisier frames.

This is a 6 panel mosaic starting from the Crescent nebula going south. Each panel consists of a number of 15 minute exposures, number depending on how clear the skies stayed during each imaging session (anywhere from 4 to 14 subs). There is a lot of stuff there. Have fun identifying it all. I will post a larger version in the Astromart Gallery.

I used the 130EDX with Quad TCC running at F4.6, STL11K CCD camera, guided on the Mach1 mounting.

Rolando

Bill C.

Really impressive. Great work!