AP ASCOM driver v2 and MaxIm 6

naperastro@...

Does anyone have MaxIm 6.09 working with the AP V2 ASCOM driver?  When I start up a session and connect to the driver, I always get one of these errors in the "Telescope" tab:

  Error:   Could not find property 'RightAscension'  Reason: The RPC server is unavailable.
  Error:   Could not find property 'Slewing'  Reason: The RPC server is unavailable

Slewing using MaxIm doesn't work properly, I assume because of these errors.  The telescope moves but MaxIm continues to say "Slewing - Moving Scope" in the Telescope tab forever (until I disconnect the mount), and the N/S/E/W controls remain greyed out.  I can turn tracking on and off so it appears MaxIm is talking to the mount.  Clicking the "Abort" button causes the message to change to "Slewing" but the buttons are still greyed out.

I have also gotten this error at other times when pushing the "nudge" button:

    MaxIm DL failed to start the slew:
    'SlewtoCoordinatesAsync' exceeded timeout of 5000 ms by 3 ms.

Using the controls in the AP ASCOM driver window work properly, so my guess is the issue is in the communication between the driver and MaxIm.

Ray Gralak

I tried Maxim 6.08 and the driver works correctly. I don't see a 6.09 version available via doing a check for updates?

-Ray Gralak

Does anyone have MaxIm 6.09 working with the AP V2 ASCOM driver? When I start up a session and connect to
the driver, I always get one of these errors in the "Telescope" tab:

Error: Could not find property 'RightAscension' Reason: The RPC server is unavailable.
Error: Could not find property 'Slewing' Reason: The RPC server is unavailable

Slewing using MaxIm doesn't work properly, I assume because of these errors. The telescope moves but MaxIm
continues to say "Slewing - Moving Scope" in the Telescope tab forever (until I disconnect the mount), and the
N/S/E/W controls remain greyed out. I can turn tracking on and off so it appears MaxIm is talking to the mount.
Clicking the "Abort" button causes the message to change to "Slewing" but the buttons are still greyed out.

< br>

I have also gotten this error at other times when pushing the "nudge" button:

MaxIm DL failed to start the slew:
'SlewtoCoordinatesAsync' exceeded timeout of 5000 ms by 3 ms.

Using the controls in the AP ASCOM driver window work properly, so my guess is the issue is in the
communication between the driver and MaxIm.

R Botero

Hi Ray

V6.09 was released as Beta.

Roberto

Hector Santini

I'm having the same problem when slewing. Although I do not see any errors manifested.

"The telescope moves but MaxIm continues to say "Slewing - Moving Scope" in the Telescope tab forever (until I disconnect the mount), and the N/S/E/W controls remain greyed out. I can turn tracking on and off so it appears MaxIm is talking to the mount. Clicking the "Abort" button causes the message to change to "Slewing" but the buttons are still greyed out."

Is there any fix for this?

Ray Gralak

It's hard to say what the problem is without more information, so:

1) What is the exact version of MaximDl? (please don't say, the "latest", it often has ended up being not!)
2) What is the exact version of the AP V2 driver?
3) Which mount? (and does it have encoders or not)
4) What version of firmware are you using?

-Ray Gralak

I'm having the same problem when slewing. Although I do not see any errors
manifested.

"The telescope moves but MaxIm continues to say "Slewing - Moving Scope" in the
Telescope tab forever (until I disconnect the mount), and the N/S/E/W controls
remain greyed out. I can turn tracking on and off so it appears MaxIm is talking to the
mount. Clicking the "Abort" button causes the message to change to "Slewing" but
the buttons are still greyed out."

Is there any fix for this?

Hector Santini

Answers are below each question.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Héctor R. Santini
V.P. SED/R&D
Infomedika, Inc.
181 FD Roosevelt Ave.
San Juan, PR 00918
W:(787)620-2474
F:(787)620-8608
C:(787)509-3256

On Jul 13, 2015, at 8:25 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

It's hard to say what the problem is without more information, so:

1) What is the exact version of MaximDl? (please don't say, the "latest", it often has ended up being not!)

MAXIMDL-PRO V. 6.09

2) What is the exact version of the AP V2 driver?

AP V2 v5.06.05

3) Which mount? (and does it have encoders or not)

AP1100GTO, WITHOUT ENCODERS.

4) What version of firmware are you using?

VERSION 4.17

-Ray Gralak

Dave Goodyear <dave@...>

I’ve seen this happen when maxim crashes and does not unload the ascom driver.. when you reopen maxim, multiple ascom drivers try to load..  On 6.09, I’ve seen the ascom driver stay loaded even though you’ve closed maxim..  6.09 seems to have a few problems by the looks of it on the diffraction limited forum..  Plate solves from 3rd party apps (random) using maxim 6.09 and pinpoint seem to be failing too..  the issue appears to only happen in 6.09 and not 6.08 or Maxim 5.24

*Shrug*

Dave