How to clear out a previous APCC install (registry) because you really screwed up :(

Tom Ellis

Hi Ray,  Being an old MicroSoft guy I sometimes get cocky.  I have manged to corrupt quite a few files that presently relegate APCC useless.  (installed, reinstalled, uninstalled) and based on the old "microsoft guy issue"  pretty much take the blame for being a "know it all" and screwing the pooch.

Would you please be kind enough to send me the entries the I must clear in the registry to get the machine back to virgin.  If you would rather do this off line it is tom@...

Bowing deeply to acknowledge my transgression.

I really want to get this fantastic piece of software humming.

Land line numbers upon request.

Aloha and a telegraphers 73

Tom

Ray Gralak

Tom,

I don't have a list of all the registry items. Most of them are Microsoft/installer-related, so I'm not sure I could easily find the entire list for you.

What symptoms are you encountering?

-Ray Gralak

virgin. If you would rather do this off line it is tom@k4xv.org

Bowing deeply to acknowledge my transgression.

I really want to get this fantastic piece of software humming.

Land line numbers upon request.

Aloha and a telegraphers 73

Tom

Tom Ellis

Well, Howard AP assisted me in figuring out that the VP was a hub and not an individual port for software package connect. (had to use taskmaster to get the apps to quit and probably cause the corruption there).   Even though I can see the USB/RS232 port on COM1 ping/ponging information an app connection FM4, SkyX, MaxDL6, PinPoint, PemPro2, AP 1200.  if they do connect will not exchange info as required.  However if I make SkyX use the Bisque driver works fine on a separate VP.  I have installed and reinstalled the V2 latest and older driver but to no avail.  FM4 will absolutely hang and not shut down because it want the driver to complete the app shutdown.

Equipment, Dell XPS15 9530 core I 7, 512GB SSD, 3200x1800 Nvidia video,  ANKER USB 3.0 7 PORT HUB (USB2 HUB WOULD NOT HANDLE THE LOAD).  Win8.1 (latest updates).

Most apps were installed with “run as administrator” (didn’t read your “readme” close enough and now I cannot reinstall without it) .

The hole is deep and there is about 128g of software and 128g of files on the SSD.  I have a good idea of how to clear the registry,  (had issues with other programs that have VP,  Flex 5000K, VSPE, DDutil, Comcat, HamRadioDelux just to mention a few of the amateur radio  apps that make VP.  I just wanted to see if you had any hidden hooks in the registry.  When VSPE goes crook it really goes crook.

Aloha and telegraphers 73

Tom

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

Honestly I don’t see how anything in the registry would be at fault. Both the driver and apcc use settings files and not the registry. To me this sounds like you have a mixture of apps running as administrator and some not. Running the installers as administrator does not matter nor hurt anything.

-Ray Gralak

[...]

OK then,  I know something is corrupted.  I will do some sleuthing and get back to you.  First thing I am going to do is clean out the registry and reinstall after I uninstall.  I have been here too many times before and some value got inadvertently stuck in the registry.

I love a good challenge but this is really getting old.  Aloha Tom
All this lovely hardware and software and I am still doing a sneaker net.  yuck

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

Before you go down that rabbit hole of trying to "fix" a problem in your registry I think you should ensure that all your ASCOM client applications and APCC are consistently set to run "as administrator", or better, set to NOT run as administrator. If you need help doing this let me know by posting back here or give Howard a call at AP.

-Ray Gralak