Can't connect Point Mapper to AstroArt

Mark Striebeck

When I try to connect the Point Mapper to AstroArt, I get the error message:

Failed to connect to Camera: Unable to load 'AARemote.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

On the same computer, I have PemPro installed and it can connect without problems to AstroArt.

Any ideas?

     MarkS

Dave Goodyear <dave@...>

I just verified that i get the same error. Works fine in pempro.

Dave Goodyear

On Mar 27, 2015, at 8:23 PM, Mark Striebeck mark.striebeck@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

When I try to connect the Point Mapper to AstroArt, I get the error message:

Failed to connect to Camera: Unable to load 'AARemote.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

On the same computer, I have PemPro installed and it can connect without problems to AstroArt.

Any ideas?

     MarkS

Ray Gralak

Mark,

Sorry, it looks like "aaremote.dll" was accidentally left out of the installer. You can download it from here:

http://www.gralak.com/APCC/AARemote.zip

Unzip it and copy AARemote.DLL into the APCC Pro installation directory. E.g. on a 64-bit windows 7 the install directory should be:

C:&#92;Program Files (x86)&#92;Astro-Physics&#92;APCC Pro

-Ray Gralak

When I try to connect the Point Mapper to AstroArt, I get the error message:

Failed to connect to Camera: Unable to load 'AARemote.dll': The specified module could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

On the same computer, I have PemPro installed and it can connect without problems to AstroArt.

Any ideas?

MarkS

Dave Goodyear <dave@...>

Thanks

Dave Goodyear

On Mar 28, 2015, at 7:30 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry, it looks like "aaremote.dll" was accidentally left out of the installer. You can download it from here:

http://www.gralak.com/APCC/AARemote.zip

Unzip it and copy AARemote.DLL into the APCC Pro installation directory. E.g. on a 64-bit windows 7 the install directory should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Astro-Physics\APCC Pro

-Ray Gralak

Mark Striebeck

Thanks - works perfectly now!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Dave Goodyear dave@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks

Dave Goodyear

On Mar 28, 2015, at 7:30 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry, it looks like "aaremote.dll" was accidentally left out of the installer. You can download it from here:

http://www.gralak.com/APCC/AARemote.zip

Unzip it and copy AARemote.DLL into the APCC Pro installation directory. E.g. on a 64-bit windows 7 the install directory should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Astro-Physics\APCC Pro

-Ray Gralak

Mark Striebeck

Tried to use it this night. It now connects perfectly, but when I press the "Plate Solve" button in the Point Mapper, I get the following error:

AstroArt CCD Expose Failed(1): Public member 'Expose' on type 'classAstroArt' not found.

:-(

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:
Thanks - works perfectly now!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Dave Goodyear dave@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks

Dave Goodyear

On Mar 28, 2015, at 7:30 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry, it looks like "aaremote.dll" was accidentally left out of the installer. You can download it from here:

http://www.gralak.com/APCC/AARemote.zip

Unzip it and copy AARemote.DLL into the APCC Pro installation directory. E.g. on a 64-bit windows 7 the install directory should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Astro-Physics\APCC Pro

-Ray Gralak

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi,

as I know you need Pinpoint full version for APPM.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc
Author of PEMPro:  http://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com
> When I try to connect the Point Mapper to AstroArt, I get the error message:
>

> Failed to connect to Camera: Unable to load 'AARemote.dll': The specified module could not be found.
> (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
>

> On the same computer, I have PemPro installed and it can connect without problems to AstroArt.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> MarkS

Ray Gralak

Mark,

Which version of AstroArt are you using? I just tried taking an image and it seems to work. Do you have the camera setup in AstroArt and are you able to take an image manually? Are you able to take a snapshot image using PEMpro?

-Ray Gralak

Tried to use it this night. It now connects perfectly, but when I press the "Plate Solve" button in the Point Mapper, I
get the following error:

AstroArt CCD Expose Failed(1): Public member 'Expose' on type 'classAstroArt' not found.

:-(

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks - works perfectly now!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Dave Goodyear dave@kb2networks.com [ap-gto] <ap-
gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks

Dave Goodyear

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 28, 2015, at 7:30 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@gralak.com [ap-gto] <ap-
gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry, it looks like "aaremote.dll" was accidentally left out of the installer. You can download it
from here:

http://www.gralak.com/APCC/AARemote.zip

Unzip it and copy AARemote.DLL into the APCC Pro installation directory. E.g. on a 64-bit
windows 7 the install directory should be:

C:&#92;Program Files (x86)&#92;Astro-Physics&#92;APCC Pro

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc

Mark Striebeck

Hi Ray, Konstantin,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have 5.0 SP4. Yes, it's working perfectly with PemPRO - I just used the polar alignment wizard of PemPro last night.

I have the full version of Pinpoint - though I don't think Pinpoint/plate solving is on the loop yet. This fails just to acquire the very first image.

Thanks
      MarkS

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:08 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

Which version of AstroArt are you using? I just tried taking an image and it seems to work. Do you have the camera setup in AstroArt and are you able to take an image manually? Are you able to take a snapshot image using PEMpro?

-Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak

Mark,

I'll try it tonight under dark skies to see if I can reproduce it. Maybe you could email me your APPM log files in case there is a clue there (use APPM's log zipper).

-Ray Gralak

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:08 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@gralak.com [ap-gto] <ap-
gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Mark,

Which version of AstroArt are you using? I just tried taking an image and it seems to work. Do you have the
camera setup in AstroArt and are you able to take an image manually? Are you able to take a snapshot image using
PEMpro?

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc

Mark Striebeck

Thanks Ray,

I'll zip and send my logs files tonight when I'm back on my computer.

     MarkS

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:02 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

I'll try it tonight under dark skies to see if I can reproduce it. Maybe you could email me your APPM log files in case there is a clue there (use APPM's log zipper).

-Ray Gralak

Mark Striebeck

Hi Ray,

Here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KcEqw-v71VZnBYb3pBa1BaNEU/view?usp=sharing is the zip of my log files. Hopefully, they help.

Thanks
      MarkS

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:
Thanks Ray,

I'll zip and send my logs files tonight when I'm back on my computer.

     MarkS

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:02 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

I'll try it tonight under dark skies to see if I can reproduce it. Maybe you could email me your APPM log files in case there is a clue there (use APPM's log zipper).

-Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak

Mark,

It looks like this one might take a bit of time. It looks like a third party tool I'm using is causing the problem as that function exists and I've verified it in the debugger. I'll have to submit a bug report and wait for an answer and hopefully a solution.

-Ray Gralak

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:02 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@gralak.com [ap-gto] <ap-
gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Mark,

I'll try it tonight under dark skies to see if I can reproduce it. Maybe you could email me your APPM log
files in case there is a clue there (use APPM's log zipper).

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc

Mark Striebeck

Thanks for the quick reply. (patiently) waiting... :-)

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:12 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

It looks like this one might take a bit of time. It looks like a third party tool I'm using is causing the problem as that function exists and I've verified it in the debugger. I'll have to submit a bug report and wait for an answer and hopefully a solution.

-Ray Gralak

Mark Striebeck

Hi Ray,

I tried a little bit more:
  • when I click "Plate Solve", no image gets actually captured in AstroArt (in PEMPro I can see the image that gets captured before it shows up in PEMPro)
  • and subsequently, no image is stored (of course) - but in the log file, it shows "WaitPlateSolveNow: Exposure Done. Saving to: C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Astro-Physics\APPM\SolveNow-2015-03-31-202604.fit"
    MarkS

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. (patiently) waiting... :-)

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:12 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Mark,

It looks like this one might take a bit of time. It looks like a third party tool I'm using is causing the problem as that function exists and I've verified it in the debugger. I'll have to submit a bug report and wait for an answer and hopefully a solution.

-Ray Gralak

Mark Striebeck

Hi Ray,

Any updates here?