Topics

AP ASCOM driver runtime error

Donghun

Hi,

I started getting this error and when the error happens, the mount is disconnected from my PC.

If I unplug and plug the USB again, I can reconnect to the mount from the PC.

Here is the capture of the error message.

AP ascom error (Donghun) | AstroBin

Can someone especially Ray have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

Donghun

Ray Gralak \(Groups\) <groups2@...>

Well, the driver is written in VB6, not C++, and the error says it is a C++ run-time error, so it must be something the driver is calling. The error doesn’t give many clues so I’m not sure what to advise. Maybe if you posted a log file?

-Ray Gralak

Author of Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC)

Author of PEMPro:  http://www.ccdware.com

I started getting this error and when the error happens, the mount is disconnected from my PC.

If I unplug and plug the USB again, I can reconnect to the mount from the PC.

Here is the capture of the error message.

AP ascom error (Donghun) | AstroBin

image

AP ascom error (Donghun) | AstroBin

AstroBin is an image hosting website spe cifically targeted to astrophotographers: it's the first and the last place where you need to upload yo...

Preview by Yahoo

Can someone especially Ray have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

Donghun

Donghun

Hi Ray,

Where can I find the log?

Thank you.
Donghun

Ray Gralak \(Groups\) <groups2@...>

There is a AP Log Zipper utility that is installed with the driver (it's mentioned in the help file).

Also, which operating system, control box, and mount you are using?