RAPAS impact

Gregory <fyrframe@...>

I am using an SBIG camera with the FW10 on a 130mm f/7 refractor on the Mach 1 GEM with the RAPAS accessory. At minimum focus, when the scope is moved in ascension, there is impact with eyecup (??) of the RAPAS. I assume from a visual inspection, that only the eyecup is actually being compromised.

Any concerns here?

Thanks
Gregory

Ross Salinger <rgsalinger@...>

Once you’ve polar aligned (park 1), I’d just remove the RAPAS.

Rgrds-Ross

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf Of Gregory
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:28 PM
To: ap-gto@...; ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] RAPAS impact

I am using an SBIG camera with the FW10 on a 130mm f/7 refractor on the Mach 1 GEM with the RAPAS accessory. At minimum focus, when the scope is moved in ascension, there is impact with eyecup (??) of the RAPAS. I assume from a visual inspection, that only the eyecup is actually being compromised.

Any concerns here?

Thanks

Gregory

Roland Christen

The polar scope is removeable after alignment. Itv should be removed to prevent damage to the parts.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Wed, Feb 19, 2014 12:33 am

Any concerns here?

Thanks
Gregory

Gregory <fyrframe@...>

Thanks everyone,

The impact occurs with the RAPAS ep cup and not anything physical. It just seemed odd.

I am not sure why I would have to remove the RAPAS after anything. It should be allowed to be permanently installed as all other functions of the mount/scope combos are irrelevant to the RAPAS.

What am I missing?

Gregory

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS impact

The polar scope is removeable after alignment. Itv should be removed to prevent damage to the parts.

Rolando
-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto Sent: Wed, Feb 19, 2014 12:33 am

Any concerns here?

Thanks
Gregory

syzygy42@...

"What am I missing?"

Things that go bump in the dark. :)