Moonlite focuser DC motor work with GTOCP3 box?

Keith Egger

This is the DC motor focus, not their digital stepper motor. All they say about it on their site is that it works in pulse-width modulated mode. Is that compatible with the focus connector on the GTOCP3 control box?
...Keith

Christopher Go

I tried it on the GTOCP2, I have problems getting
it to work... Probably wrong voltage.

Chris

At 05:50 AM 12/28/2012, you wrote:

This is the DC motor focus, not their digital
stepper motor. All they say about it on their
site is that it works in pulse-width modulated
mode. Is that compatible with the focus connector on the GTOCP3 control box?
...Keith

Christopher and Vicky Go
Christone Industries
Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Fossil Stone and Wrought Iron Furniture
Cebu, Philippines
http://www.christone.net
Astronomy: http://astro.christone.net
Red Spot Jr: http://www.redspotjr.com

Wayne Hixson

For me it worked on high setting, but not on low - apparently too low a voltage.

Sent from Yahoo

I tried it on the GTOCP2, I have problems getting
it to work... Probably wrong voltage.

Chris

At 05:50 AM 12/28/2012, you wrote:

This is the DC motor focus, not their digital
stepper motor. All they say about it on their
site is that it works in pulse-width modulated
mode. Is that compatible with the focus connector on the GTOCP3 control box?
...Keith

Christopher and Vicky Go
Christone Industries
Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Fossil Stone and Wrought Iron Furniture
Cebu, Philippines
http://www.christone.net
Astronomy: http://astro.christone.net
Red Spot Jr: http://www.redspotjr.com

Christopher Go

This was my problem. I couldn't do fine focus with it.

Chris

<http://www.christone.net>http://www.christone.net
Astronomy: <http://astro.christone.net>http://astro.christone.net
Red Spot Jr: <http://www.redspotjr.com>http://www.redspotjr.com

Christopher and Vicky Go
Christone Industries
Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Fossil Stone and Wrought Iron Furniture
Cebu, Philippines
http://www.christone.net
Astronomy: http://astro.christone.net
Red Spot Jr: http://www.redspotjr.com

Keith Egger

That pretty much rules out that option. Thanks.
...Keith

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Go <chris@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene Mroz

Saw this thread while catching up with the message activity after the holidays. I had the same unsatisfactory experience as others have mentioned when using the Moonlite DC motor focuser at Low speed with the AP V2 ASCOM software and GTOCP3.

But I discovered that you CAN use the Moonlite DC motor focuser at High and Low speeds through Ray Gralak's PulseGuide software. His implementation of focuser control in PulseGuide is particularly nice because it includes a counter to keep track of focuser position.

I have asked Mr. Gralak about incorporating this feature into the shortly forthcoming introduction of APCC. He responded that it wasn't his call and that AP would have to authorize implementation of that feature. It would be nice if a future update of APCC could include focuser control as implemented in PulseGuide.

Happy New Year to all...!

Gene

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "astromfm" <eggerk@...> wrote:

This is the DC motor focus, not their digital stepper motor. All they say about it on their site is that it works in pulse-width modulated mode. Is that compatible with the focus connector on the GTOCP3 control box?
...Keith

Wayne Hixson

That would be nice!

Wayne Hixson, Stargazer