Topics

Connecting Mach1GTO to the computer

Donghun

Hi guys.

I received the mount few days ago and it has been raining here so I haven't been able to go out with the mount. I'm playing around with the mount inside and I'm getting used to the mount.

Eventually I will need to connect the mount to my laptop for my imaging session but I don't see much detailed instruction about that in the manuals. Is there any online instruction or manual for that?

Could you point me to any online instruction or manual for connecting a AP mount with a PC?

Thank you.
Dong Hun

Steve Reilly <sreilly@...>

Go to Ray's site here http://www.gralak.com/apdriver/ and download the
latest ASCOM driver. Complete setup instructions are on this site. You will
need the ASCOM software that is available at http://www.ascom-standards.org/
This is for the Windows based systems, not sure what to do for Mac. You also
have TheSky that has a native AP driver for their software. Starry Night
uses the ASCOM driver.

Hope this helps,

Steve

_____

I received the mount few days ago and it has been raining here so I haven't
been able to go out with the mount. I'm playing around with the mount inside
and I'm getting used to the mount.

Eventually I will need to connect the mount to my laptop for my imaging
session but I don't see much detailed instruction about that in the manuals.
Is there any online instruction or manual for that?

Could you point me to any online instruction or manual for connecting a AP
mount with a PC?

Thank you.
Dong Hun

Larry Phillips

Check out this AP manaul - http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/servo/gtocp3manual-2011-0718.pdf

See page 8 and the paragraph titled RS-232 ports

Larry

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Dong Hun" <malonee72@...> wrote:

Hi guys.

I received the mount few days ago and it has been raining here so I haven't been able to go out with the mount. I'm playing around with the mount inside and I'm getting used to the mount.

Eventually I will need to connect the mount to my laptop for my imaging session but I don't see much detailed instruction about that in the manuals. Is there any online instruction or manual for that?

Could you point me to any online instruction or manual for connecting a AP mount with a PC?

Thank you.
Dong Hun

Donghun

Thank you Steve.
I will look through the documents in Ray's website.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Reilly" <sreilly@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Larry for the link to the new version of the manual.
I will look through the manual.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Phillips" <llp41astro@...> wrote:

[...]

I just ordered a USB to serial cable and a serial cable.
The previous owner somehow didn't send me the serial cable.

In the mean time, I like to try the mount controlling with the keypad but autoguiding with PHD guiding. Then can I just connect the auto guider to the GTOCT3? It that the only thing to do before start guiding?

Thank you very much.
Donghun

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Dong Hun" <malonee72@...> wrote:

Hi guys.

I received the mount few days ago and it has been raining here so I haven't been able to go out with the mount. I'm playing around with the mount inside and I'm getting used to the mount.

Eventually I will need to connect the mount to my laptop for my imaging session but I don't see much detailed instruction about that in the manuals. Is there any online instruction or manual for that?

Could you point me to any online instruction or manual for connecting a AP mount with a PC?

Thank you.
Dong Hun

John A. Sillasen

Try the Pulse Guide manual from the CD that came with he manual and mount.
you will need two straight through serial cables. Each with its own USB to serial device. The ones sold by Staples work fine. Although Staples won't stock the straight through cables A-P will.

John Sillasen

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Dong Hun" <malonee72@...> wrote:

Hi guys.

I received the mount few days ago and it has been raining here so I haven't been able to go out with the mount. I'm playing around with the mount inside and I'm getting used to the mount.

Eventually I will need to connect the mount to my laptop for my imaging session but I don't see much detailed instruction about that in the manuals. Is there any online instruction or manual for that?

Could you point me to any online instruction or manual for connecting a AP mount with a PC?

Thank you.
Dong Hun

roywellington

I would stick with Ray's AP driver if he knows PHD. I don't know what Doug would need a second serial cable for.

Roy

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "JAS" <JASillasen@...> wrote:

[...]

Ray's new driver is great, works fine, does everything and works with all my software.
Floyd