AP1200 wrong park position

Randy <rzugnoni@...>

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my AP1200 returning to the correct Park 3 position. I have tried resetting the Park positions by leveling the scope at Park 1 then going through the procedures to set that position. It goes to the correct Park 3 position after doing that.

However, after a 3-4 hour imaging run the mount doesn't return to the correct Park 3 position. It is off by about 5 to 10 degrees.

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions as to what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

parijat_singh

Do you connect the computer to sync the mount and the keypad to park?
In that case the difference in times between the computer could cause this.
The only time I have seen something like this happen in my case is when I forgot to turn off meridian delay before parking.

Parijat

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <rzugnoni@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my AP1200 returning to the correct Park 3 position. I have tried resetting the Park positions by leveling the scope at Park 1 then going through the procedures to set that position. It goes to the correct Park 3 position after doing that.

However, after a 3-4 hour imaging run the mount doesn't return to the correct Park 3 position. It is off by about 5 to 10 degrees.

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions as to what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Kent Kirkley

Check your time settings....in the hand controller
and/or your planetarium program.

The mount is probably off by 15 degrees which is one hour...
has the time been adjusted for Daylight Savings Time?

Kent Kirkley

I am having a problem with my AP1200 returning to the correct Park 3 position. I
have tried resetting the Park positions by leveling the scope at Park 1 then
going through the procedures to set that position. It goes to the correct Park 3
position after doing that.

However, after a 3-4 hour imaging run the mount doesn't return to the correct
Park 3 position. It is off by about 5 to 10 degrees.

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions as to what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy <rzugnoni@...>

Hi Kent,

I did check my time settngs under the setup menu on the hand controller. The time is correct. The other thing that is happening is that my slews to the first target after resetting the Park 1 position is WAY off. That has never happened before. The time reading in the hand controller is correct. Is there also a setting to tell it that it is in daylight savings time mode as well?

Thanks,

Randy

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Kent Kirkley <kgkirkley@...> wrote:

Check your time settings....in the hand controller
and/or your planetarium program.

The mount is probably off by 15 degrees which is one hour...
has the time been adjusted for Daylight Savings Time?

Kent Kirkley

I am having a problem with my AP1200 returning to the correct Park 3 position. I
have tried resetting the Park positions by leveling the scope at Park 1 then
going through the procedures to set that position. It goes to the correct Park 3
position after doing that.

However, after a 3-4 hour imaging run the mount doesn't return to the correct
Park 3 position. It is off by about 5 to 10 degrees.

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions as to what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy <rzugnoni@...>

I just checked my settings again. I had the hand controller set to winter time instead of daylight savings time.