New Mach 1 & Eagle ordered today.

John A. Sillasen

First post and new to this group. After spending time with George Whitney at NEAIC and building a shopping list together. I called Daleen and placed my order. ETA to ship is next week. Nice!! I have also gone through the Celestron mounts over the years from the CI700 days to the Nexstar series. I've had a CG5, CGEM & CGEM-DX before making this order. I have used a 1200 series before as a volunteer at Mauna Kea. George and I talked through th choices of the 900 and the Mach 1. Final weight equipment analysis was done with Vic Maris' help as my refractors are all StellarVue. A combination of APO's for imaging and visual use and ED scopes for guiding. Heaviest use will be with a C11 and AT6RC.

It will be fun to bring an Astro Physics mount to a public star party with a 152mm achromat on it. Picture it now, a scope that cost around $800 and a mount around $8000. Around there anyhow. Now they will truly get my meaning when I say your mount should be much better than your scope to enjoy them both. 10 times better in the case of the public star party scope, right?

John Sillasen

primeclash

Welcome aboard! And congrats on the Msch1 - you're going to love it. I think even the general public will recognize the craftsmanship ...

Regards,
Louis Marchesi

--- In pa-gto@yahoogroups.com, "JAS" <JASillasen@...> wrote:

[...]

Christopher Erickson

Congratulations John!

Are you going to bring them with you to the Big Island this year?

If so then you can optionally ship them to me via UPS before your arrival to
save on hassle and expense of hauling them through airports.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

[...]

Why thank you, Chris. I've never brought anything larger than an Astrotrac before. I may just have to give this some serious consideration. Although, I won't be shipping a deep cycle battery.... A-P's, George Whitney's advice. He says not even a Powertank. Dew heaters draw too much current and can stop a mount. I'd slew. Not to worry, I've used multiple power sources before this.

Next time, let me know you've got logistical problems. You should be here.

John

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Erickson" <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, no need to ship batteries, power cords, AP counterweights and such. I
have all of that here. I also have an 80, 100 and 120mm APO's sitting
around that you could use. But sorry, my name hasn't yet come up on the
waiting lists so no AP refractors for you to play with.

My "logistical problems" coming to NEAF this year boil down to the fact that
I have a friend that used to live near NEAF but now he has a new squeeze and
has moved to the other side of the Hudson River. That means no more free
local transportation and a free place to stay!

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

[...]

dannysperry

You will wonder why you spent so much time with those other mounts. You'll enjoy it immensely! Congrats!

Best,
Danny