ASCOM 5.0 driver install

lars2842000 <bert.seltzer@...>

I've got the A-P driver 4.99.53 installed and I'd like to replace it with the new 5.0 version. Can I install 5.0 over the existing installation or do I need to remove 4.99.53 first.

If so, any instructions for doing so would be appreciated.

I'm running under Windows XP SP3, 32 bit with the latest ASCOM platform (5.1b, I think) installed.

Thanks,
Bert

Ray Gralak <groups@...>

Hi Bert,

You wrote:
I've got the A-P driver 4.99.53 installed and I'd like to replace it with the new 5.0 version. Can I install 5.0 over
the existing installation
or do I need to remove 4.99.53 first.

If so, any instructions for doing so would be appreciated.

I'm running under Windows XP SP3, 32 bit with the latest ASCOM platform (5.1b, I think) installed.
You can always install over the old version without uninstalling. The biggest difference is that the AP.INI file is now
located in a different directory so you need to either reenter the ASCOM settings (e.g., COM port/longitude/latitude) or
copy the AP.INI file.

If you choose to copy the file the old AP.ini is located here (for Windows XP):

&#92;&#92;My Documents&#92;Astro-Physics&#92;ASCOM

The directory to which to copy it is:

C:&#92;Documents and Settings&#92;All Users&#92;Application Data&#92;Astro-Physics&#92;ASCOM

If the destination directory does not exist then start the driver at least once so that it creates the directory and
puts a default AP.INI there. Then shut down the driver and copy the old AP.INI over the new one.

-Ray

Bert Seltzer <bert.seltzer@...>

Ray,

Thanks!