From: "hewholooks" <hewholooks@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:27 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] First Light with my new Mach1

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed to be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one image
in 5 ways).

Thanks for looking.

http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937

Hunter

In a message dated 3/29/2008 7:27:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
hewholooks@... writes:

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed to be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one image
in 5 ways).

Thanks for looking.

http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937
You're off to a great start. Nice collection of images.

Rolando

**************
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&;
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

Roland Christen

In a message dated 3/29/2008 5:09:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
hewholooks@... writes:

Thanks Roland. Now I just need to go a few grand more into my
pockets and get a field flattener better suited to the scope and
start looking at dedicated CCD's. For a start :->
Doesn't look it to me. Looks like a great scope.

Roland

**************
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&;
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

hewholooks

hewholooks@... writes:

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed
to be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these
shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one
image
in 5 ways).

Thanks for looking.

http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937
You're off to a great start. Nice collection of images.

Gedas

And for just a thousand I promise not to tell your wife ! <g>
Gedas
http://gedas.cc
http://www.w8bya.com

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 3/29/2008 7:27:24 AM Central Daylight Time, hewholooks@... writes:

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed
to be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these
shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one
image
in 5 ways).
Thanks for looking.
http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937
You're off to a great start. Nice collection of images.

hewholooks

Sshhhh! Not so loud!

Hunter

hewholooks@ writes:

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't
supposed
to be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got
these
shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just
one
image
in 5 ways).

Thanks for looking.

http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937
You're off to a great start. Nice collection of images.

hewholooks

Thanks for the kind words, Roland, but take my word for it, the field
isn't as flat as it would be with an AP 130/780 using an AP field
flattener (duh-obviously). The AP field flattener helps, but the
objective on this scope doesn't quite match it. I am thrilled to
have the AP flattener, however, as I am sure it helps the field quite
a bit.

I know. I'll send you my objective and you can make me my own
personalized field flattener. ;->

Anyway, Roland, thanks for the great product and service.

Hunter

hewholooks@... writes:

Thanks Roland. Now I just need to go a few grand more into my
pockets and get a field flattener better suited to the scope and
start looking at dedicated CCD's. For a start :->
Doesn't look it to me. Looks like a great scope.

Roland

**************
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?
video=15&amp;
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

Bill Bradford

Hunter,

I have learned that it is like boats...just_one_ more gadget and two more feet in length and it will be all I want. :>)

Bill

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

> In a message dated 3/29/2008 7:27:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
> hewholooks@... writes:
>

> > Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed
to be
> > clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these
shots
> > of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one
image
> > in 5 ways).
> >
> > Thanks for looking.
> >
> > http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937
> >

> You're off to a great start. Nice collection of images.
>
> Rolando
>

> **************
> Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
> AOL Home.
> (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?
video=15&amp;
> ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

Wiggins, Rick

Hi Hunter,
That is an impressive image. Great details and good color. I am
really impressed that this was done with a DSLR.
Thanks, Rick

--- In ap-gto@..., "hewholooks" <hewholooks@...> wrote:

Set up the new mount yesterday afternoon and it wasn't supposed to
be
clear - but it was. After a slight learning curve, I got these
shots
of the Leo Trio - first 5 images in this gallery (really just one
image
in 5 ways).

Thanks for looking.

http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937

Hunter

hewholooks

Thanks Rick.

I have to confess, I have processed and re-processed this image until
I was happy with it. I got a new laptop at the same time and am
having a little trouble calibrating the screen. The original was WAY
too green when viewed on other monitors.

Hunter